Proposal gone wrong

Elena's POV:

I woke up to an empty bed.
I reviewed my surrounding once more before stretching my limbs like a cat.

I left the comforts of the bed begrudgingly and moved to the bathroom. After having a soothing warm bath I went into the closet.

I changed into a gray hoodie along with blue jeans and white shoes.
I decided to leave my hair loose.

'What to do next?' I subconsciously thought.
It's not like I have a wide range of choices, so I decided to explore the house.
Might examine the corners for any rat-holes that can be useful.

I went to the door and attempted a push but it didn't budge. That's when I recalled that I'm a prisoner here, and not some high-schooler on a summer camp. Stupid me!

I knocked on the door. Lightly at first and then banging like an irritated landlord.

I heard footsteps and stood back.
Lock clicked and the door opened revealing Albedo in a casual attire that almost took my breath away.

He looked so carefree except for slight creases of confusion on his forehead.
His clothes made him look like an entire different person.
Black tee with ripped blue jeans and messed up hair did make him look like any normal cute guy.
Looking so harmless, so welcoming.

Well, except for the tattoos that were displayed openly on his both arms and on the neck and-...
God no! Focus.

He looked me up and down making me uncomfortable.
"Ready?" He asked after taking in my form.

I nodded lightly not knowing for what ocassion I was even getting ready. I'm not on some vacation and getting ready felt very doltish at that point.
I face palmed myself mentally but at the same time was very curious, as to why he would address me for being ready.
Does he have anything in his mind?
Is he taking me somewhere?

I haven't forgotten the events of last night and was vigilant of his every move.
He also observed me like a predator and most probably got the idea of my cautious self.

He left the door and moved out.
On cue, I understood this as a sign for me to follow him out.

I followed his trail downstairs and saw him walking into the dining room.

I walked behind and saw the servants cleaning up.
So I'm late, I guess.
Everyone ate already.
Or maybe they didn't want to involve me.
Even better. I don't like awkward places where I feel left out.

He pulled a chair out for me on the left side of the head chair and I mumbled a small thank you without looking at him.

I sat and after that, he sat on his chair.
A maid came and kept a plate full of food in front of me.
Before I can look at her, she left.

I picked up my fork and began eating.
I'll just skip the part including his everlasting stare on me like I'm his food.
Get another plate dude!

He didn't let me swallow even a single bite with satisfaction.

I didn't dare look up.
His table manners are awful.

His eyes observed my every move like I'm some snake and I might unpredictably attack him if he moved his eyes.

"We are getting married next month" He broke the deafening silence like piercing a needle in my tender skin.

The glass of water I had in my hand fell on the ground with the loudest of bang, shattering into the sharpest glass pieces. I choked whatever was in my mouth and started coughing loudly.