Tin-Tin

"You know my name? " Girl asked wide-eyed.

"I know the dead" Jeze said bored.

After a pause of few thoughtful moments, maybe thinking about whether her powers are blessing or a curse to know the miserable ones, she continued "Let's get you to your brother. Tell me your address"

Girl told her address to jeze lowly and obediently. Jeze got up and they both were off to Mia's house.

Her house wasn't that far. Just a mile.

On the way, Mia carefully observed Jeze. From her walk to her expressions. From her dark high heels to her dark hair locks, her inked dress like an atrocious myth. She looked like some flawless evil.

Mia was surprised that she didn't notice her other-worldly attire before.
Guess, she was more sullen then she noticed. Otherwise, Jeze's odd dress up must have caught her eye.
Sure, she must have thought it as some new fashion trend, a woman in dark dress, that fitted from top and loose from ends.
Like a Reaper's dark robe. It was just that Jeze was.
But she sure didn't look anywhere near being earthly.

Mia watched Jeze intensely, like memorizing her.
Maybe trying to find some different expressions, other than anger and bored ones.
And she sure got that.

Jeze never wavered her gaze from the path. She was a very concentrated woman all her life. That is how you succeed, she knew.

But once in a while, when she notices a deadline, she gives it a quick glance.
Any being, that is nearing the death, catches Jeze's eye.

She tries to be stronger, as she is the queen and her powers are her responsibility.
But once in a while, when she can't handle it, when she can't be stronger, she breaks.

She never hesitated to admit that she never liked her powers.
Even though she tries to play it cool.
She knows every living and dead is afraid of her, thinking of her as Satan's minister.
Only fear, no love. No one wanted to befriend her.
With time she also pushed everyone away like everyone did, except her family.
She knew, her efforts of socializing would be in vain because everyone will die eventually and it will be her, who will have to capture their souls, and in that torturing moment, her emotions might dominate her, to pity her loved ones.

She never knew whether she should be proud or be ashamed of what she does.
Collecting and caging the souls, was never her choice. Instead, she never was given a choice.
Her powers made her what she is.
She knows, she needs to be ruthless, heartless and cold, for she meets the miserable dead every day.
Any lose to emotions can create a disaster.

The power of souls came with it's own perks. She can capture the souls, or she can return the soul to it's body. Many more powers too.
Once a soul leave it's body, then it belongs to jeze.

She can do whatever she wants with it.
Destroy it, reincarnate it or consume it.
Whatever she likes.

But she knows she need to deal with the dead with a blind eye.
Any wavering of emotions can land her into a horrendous sin.
And with time, she have become more and more cold.
Experience taught her.
Sometimes it's hard.
She couldn't help but be guilty and remorseful.

The pleadings of dead and miserable, begging to spare them, to help them, cries of mercy.
These things drown her in dread and Self-hatred. But she masks it all and loses in her dark voids of repentance.
She knows herself as a monster, never worth of love.

But she doesn't know that, what she thinks as a crime is a responsibility given to her by God, that no weak one can oblige to.
The deed no one can perform, is casted to her, as a trust. She is known to be the strongest in the universe. None is her match. No competition is there.