Hex or Hoax?

The dust settled while Ilta's body gave out without a struggle.
She already assumed herself dead if not for her crazy heartbeat and pounding pulse in her ears.

Jem gasped while Alice zipped her lips at the scene in front of them.

"Nils?" Jem said hopefully.

The black vortex erupted at her feet and Nils popped out of it.
Without wasting another minute, it ran behind Jem's feet for safety.
Jem picked him up and rubbed it's back.

Alice took a step forward.
She knew it was time.
The situation just surpassed it's fun limit.
Her suggestive steps did not disturb the heinous beast.
He had set his eyes on its prey already.
Now no one had the power to stop it except it's master.

"Ok, enough now Jeze. No need to drag this any further, you've already made your point." Alice said calmly while approaching Ilta.

Jeze stepped into the scene in all her glory.
Her stoic face reprimanded at Ilta's disheveled posture on the ground.
Her dark eyes appeared as liquid coal on fire.

Alice came to halt just behind Ilta but none of the two ladies were concerned enough to pick her off the ground or forward a hand for support.
It disappointed Ilta more than it need be.

The disastrous monster exhaled a smoke full of breath which made it look like a bull ready to thrash down a red wall.
Ilta scampered back to Alice's feet.
It was humiliating for her integrity but it bothered her more if she would be chewed alive by a Wendigo right now.

"Step aside you snide! I wanna see what she can do"

"We don't" Alice said calmly while folding her arms in front of her.

"Whatever, it's been long since I broke any of your bones. Let's call it collateral this time" Jeze said cracking her knuckles and the slightest action made Ilta flinch.
Jeze was bad news.
No, scratch that.
She was the Covid news!

"Jeze!"

A dark voice boomed from far.
Every eye turned towards the warning-laced call.

It was Ed.
The eldest.

He looked like a mountain in storm.
Ruthless and indifferent.
His own arms folded in front of his muscled chest.
His eyes gave a threatening look towards Jeze, daring her to move a muscle.

On any other day, this would have been the end to any and all debate, but not today.
Jeze was feeling unusually enraged today.
She was provoked to the point that she couldn't even bear Ilta inhaling a single breath in the sanctuary of their home.
It was confusing to herself, but she needed an out and right now Ilta felt like a perfect prey.

And no doubt her siblings knew what she was feeling, which made them worry about Ilta even more.

Ground shook and there was a cursed circle of dark hex around Jeze, her servant the Wendigo, Alice and Ilta.
The hex protruded like there was an uncontrollable leak in a badly pressured drain pipe of dark energy underground.
Like a fountain of dark energy.

Everyone outside the circle saw the situation getting out of hand.

Alice was indifferent.
Ilta instantly recognized the Mors Ring.
The ultimate death sentence.
And the rules were as simple as a nursery rhyme.
No one inside can leave until there is a sacrifice of blood from a dead body.
That means no loopholes.
Until one person inside the hex dies and spills the blood on the whole boundary, no one leaves.
No magic works inside.
No dead body's blood from outside.
Nothing.

Everyone knew Jeze was ruthless, but today she broke every limit ever created.
Ilta tried to review every book she ever read on dark hexes in her mind.
The Mors Ring was always on the last pages of every book.
No doubt it had the evil reputation of no-survivors.
People killed each other to leave but couldn't.
Perfect plaything for demonic tyrants of doomed kingdoms.
Sick game of blood and war.