𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

"Ladies and gentlemen, the party has arrived!" JJ declared as he slammed down the case of beer

Affinity, John B and Kiara had all changed into their swimsuits and were sitting on the rim of the hot tub. The group cheered at the arrival of the two boys as beers were passed out amongst them. JJ flicked open his pocket knife and took a can of beer in his hands, then stabbing the exterior so foaming yellow liquid poured from the side. He immediately put the can to his lips and began to chug. Affinity received the knife next, repeating his same actions just as John B and Pope did after her. Once she finished, she tossed the can to the side. She had to admit, it took the edge of things.

John B cheered, as did JJ while he splashed the remaining beer over the five of them. Affinity laughed, dodging the beer. Pope stumbled towards the radio and began to turn up the music. John B and JJ started to dance, bobbing their heads simultaneously. JJ had placed his aviator sunglasses over his eyes but Affinity knew damn well he couldn't see anything with the pitch-black night sky. Maybe only silhouettes with the assistance of the beautiful stringed lights that hung across the tree branches above them.

John B extended his hand out to Affinity. "Dance with me, Milady?" He shouted over the music.

Affinity accepted, carefully lifting her legs out of the hot water and swinging them over the ledge. As she pushed herself off the rim, John B caught her before her toes could touch the ground. With his forearms wrapping around her upper thighs, resting where her jean shorts ended on her legs, he spun her around. Affinity's arms wrapped around his neck, hugging him to her chest. He lowered her to the ground and his hand came very low on her waist. His large hands on her bare waist felt euphoric, as did his lips when they crashed down upon hers. With her hands in his hair, she pulled him closer.

"Get a room!" JJ shouted.

Affinity pulled away, sent JJ a burning stare, and proceeded to pull John B back into an even more intense kiss. Once they released, John B looked down at her. The stringed lights reflected in her eyes in a hypnotic and gorgeous way.

"What was that for?" He chuckled.

"For all that time I couldn't kiss you because you were being an idiot," she answered with a small smirk on her face. "Hope you know you made it extremely difficult sometimes."

He shrugged. "What can I say...I'm irresistible when I'm sweaty, dirty, bloody, and sunburnt?" Affinity shook her head, palming him gently in the face. John B dodged it and returned his gaze to her. "I do mean it when I say how sorry I am for everything that happened in Nassau. I-I was reckless and...and stupid and I never meant to make everything so much more awful than it needed to be." Affinity just smiled at him, her brows cocked as she looked at him like he was a babbling idiot. Which he was totally being then. "What is it?"

"You're lucky you have those cute brown eyes that are so forgivable because you are awful at apologizing," she sighed, still not breaking her smile.