𝚝𝚠𝚘

"Fin! Get the door, please!" Affinity heard her dad call out from the kitchen

Affinity walked out to see her father waving around a rag, trying to clear the smoke out of the oven. She did her best to keep herself from laughing at her dad's attempt to make dinner, but she didn't succeed.

"Is dinner done?" she laughed.

"Too done," he coughed back.

Affinity happily skipped her way to the door, eager to see who had stopped by. She swung the door open to find a very tan skinned girl with long, curly brown hair.

"Hey, neighbor!" The girl smiled.

"Oh my god, Ki!" She shrieked as she corraled her old friend into a big hug.

Affinity and Kiara were best friends at the Kook academy, but they lost touch when she started hanging out on The Cut after her whole situation with a girl named Sarah Cameron, who they were also very close with. They never had a falling out really and they never disliked each other, they just...drifted.

Kiara squeezed her back. "Affinity, I'm so sorry about everything." Kiara pulled away to search for Affinity's eyes. "No one deserves to go through that."

"Nah don't worry Ki, we're doing great!" Affinity shrugged.

"Damn that's hot!" Affinity's father shouted while a pan clattered down onto the counter.

The two glanced over at Affinity's father, who was now blowing on his burnt hand.

"You good, Dad?" Affinity chuckled.

He gave her an 'okay' sign.

"You're doing great Mr. McCormick!" Kiara exclaimed, giving him a thumbs up.

"Thank you, Kiara!"

Affinity looked back to Kiara and muttered, "Mom did all the cooking."

"Nah really? I couldn't tell."

Affinity stepped to the side. "Well, come on in."

"So, how are you liking pogue life?" Kiara asked as her eyes skimmed around their small living space. "Is it everything you've ever dreamed?"

"Actually we are enjoying the secluded, simple living quite a lot. Way more that I figured I would, that's for sure."

"How's your dad holding up?"

"Better than expected. It's kinda crazy how well he's handling it actually, especially since...ya know." Affinity lowered her voice so her dad couldn't hear.

"I know right. I don't care how awful someone is, no one deserves to be cheated on and your dad is one of the best dads I've ever met!"

"She's just a selfish bastard, case closed."