𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

"AFFINITY GET YOUR ASS IN THE CAR RIGHT NOW!"

Affinity could hear Kiara pounding on her front door.

"Ki, this is a terrible idea!"

"Well, you're only making it worse by making us wait! The boys are very impatient!"

"Kiara let's just go!" Affinity heard one of the boys shout to her. "She's a kook anyway, we don't need her!"

"Shut up JJ!"

Mr. McCormick sighed dramatically, "It's a shame I can't spend my Sunday mornings learning how to make Keto pancakes with Martha Stewart." He spun around and waved the envelope at Affinity.

"Fine!" She stated through gritted teeth. She pointed a stiff finger at her father, who can be a complete drama king when he wants something to go his way. "But I'm doing this for you and only you!"

"Hallelujah!"

Affinity stomped off to her room and threw on her bathing suit, a pair of jean shorts, and a baggy Beach Boys t shirt.

She faced her father, who was grinning proudly. "You better learn how to cook something for dinner," she said, doing her best not to smile.

Affinity swung the door open and started her way out on the gravel road.

"But that wasn't part of the deal!" Mr. McCormick snickered.

Affinity sighed, her lips gracing into a smile, shaking her head as she approached the beat up Volkswagon van. She smiled and waved at the two boys in the front seat. The driver only rolled his eyes and shifted them back into the road.

A blonde haired boy eagerly leaned out of the window in the passenger's seat. "Ki, you didn't tell me your friend was hot," he smirked without any shame. "The name's JJ, sweetheart."

Affinity's lips pursed, instantly growing uncomfortable with JJ's introduction. "Uh...Affinity, nice to meet you?"

"Down, boy." Kiara palmed him in the face and shoved his head back into the car. "Sorry, JJ hits on every girl with a pulse." Kiara pointed to the light brown haired boy in the driver's seat. "That's John B."

"I love your van by the way," Affinity grinned, nodding to the van. "Gives off Mystery Machine vibes."

John B didn't say anything.

'Nice one Fin'

"Moving on," Kiara sighed, annoyed with John B's behavior. Kiara slid open the car door, revealing a dark skinned boy with a baseball cap on. "This is Pope."

"Greetings," he forced a smile.

But at least it was a smile?

"Ki, can we just go now?" John B asked impatiently.