𝚜𝚒𝚡

John B cocked a brow at Affinity

John B cocked a brow at Affinity. "You're kidding?"

Affinity shook her head, her eyes glued on the distorted figure of the boat in the water.

Kiara and Pope leaned over the edge of the boat, seeing that Affinity was right.

"Oh my god. You think there's a dead body down there?" Pope breathed.

Kiara's eyes widened. "Holy shit, she's right." Kiara quickly took off her shirt and shorts so that she was left in her swimsuit. Affinity did the same. "Let's go!" Kiara shouted, jumping into the canal.

John B unbuttoned his shirt and dove in after her with Affinity right behind him.

"Get your ass in here, Pope!" JJ called out to him.

Pope, who was in a slight panic, fumbled around as he threw his shirt the boat, tripping his way to the edge to jump in. Once all five of them were in the water, they all ducked their heads down below the surface and began to swim down to the boat that rested in the sand. Affinity's vision was blurry but as she kicked her feet harder, the sight of the boat became clearer. She recognized the boat as a Graddy White, it was the kind of boat that her dad used to have when they lived in Figure 8. They hovered around the boat for a moment, seeing if there was anything that stuck out to them before they each propped their feet on something sturdy so that they could push themselves back up to the surface.

Affinity took in a deep breath as her head broke the surface, pulling the hair from her face and rubbing her eyes. With everyone's heads now above the water, they all exchanged looks of excitement, treading the water to keep themselves upright.

A big grin was frozen on John B's face. "Did you guys see that?"

"That's a Grady White!"

"What the-"

Affinity and the rest of the group paddled their way back to the boat so that they could hoist themselves back on.

"A new one of those is 500 Gs, easy," JJ said, shaking the excess water from his hair.

"How the hell did it get down there?" Affinity asked. "Grady Whites don't sink easy, believe me, my dad was a shitty sailor."

John B sat down in the driver's seat, brushing his long hair from his eyes. "That's the boat I saw when I surfed the surge!"

Kiara shot him a look of concern. "You surfed the surge?"

"Maybe it hit the jetty or something?" Pope mumbled to himself, having his own little conversation with himself.

John B shrugged his shoulders at Kiara. "Yeah."

JJ gave him a high five. "Atta boy! That's how we do it here, pogue style!"

"Hold up, do we know whose boat that is?" Affinity inquired.

"No," John B spoke while he picked up the anchor. "But we're about to find out."