𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎

For the first time in several days, Affinity had experienced a rather calm and uneventful evening with the comfort of her father and new home

For the first time in several days, Affinity had experienced a rather calm and uneventful evening with the comfort of her father and new home. The house was quiet, other than the sound of their record player playing music softly. Affinity was half asleep on the couch that rested beneath the sunlight that shone through the window pane. All was peaceful until the sound of a blender whirring rang through the air. Affinity shot up from where she rested and snapped her sight to the location of the kitchen. There, her father stood with a mischievous smile on his face.

"What do you want in your smoothie?" He asked innocently.

Affinity sighed in relief and flopped back down onto the cushions. "Jesus, you scared me."

"I didn't do anything," he protested in a childish manner. "I'm just using the blender."

"Yeah," Affinity scoffed. "That's what scares me."

"I don't know what you're talking about," he scoffed. "I am a superb master chef now," he said in a poor French accent.

"Okay, Mr. Master Chef, don't forget to put the lid on," she hummed.

Mr. McCormick rolled his eyes. "You think so little of me." As he reached to push the button that started up the blender, he realized he had in fact not put the lid on. He quickly corrected himself and nonchalantly placed the lid on the blender, being sure Affinity wouldn't see so she wouldn't have the satisfaction of being right.

"No, I just know you, Dad, and to answer your question, peaches, strawberries, bananas," she cocked her head around to smile at him.

"Called it!" He sang before starting the blender.

Once he finished, he grabbed a glass and walked over to his daughter to deliver her smoothie. Affinity accepted it graciously and scooted herself over so he could sit down. She lifted the glass up to her lips to take a drink, tasting the sweet and refreshing liquid. Her eyes widened as she brought the cup down.

"This is really good," she chuckled.

He raised a brow at her. "I love how surprised you are."

She gave him a light punch. "Shut up, you know what I mean."

"Well, I took your advice and subscribed to some stupid cooking network," he began, laughing to himself. "Should help me with all this cooking stuff but don't worry, I didn't put any of the kale shit in there." He nodded to the glass in Affinity's hand. "But yeah, I'm basically Rachael Ray."

Affinity took another drink. "That's why it tastes so good."

She looked at her father, who seemed deep in thought as he stared ahead at the wall. "Y'know what we should do?" He finally said, snapping his fingers as an idea came to him.

"What?" Affinity asked, slightly concerned.

"We should invite all your friends to dinner!" He said happily.