𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘

The rest of the day practically flew by

The rest of the day practically flew by. Affinity and John B had been rummaging through her house for any tools that they might find of use while the other three were on their own supply run. Affinity had just finished going through every possible shelf in the storage room as John B loaded the last item into the van. Affinity walked back out into the kitchen, her eyes trailing on the setting sun that beamed a bright orange with a golden rim. Pink and purple hues streaked the pale blue sky. Outer Banks sunsets were always one of a kind.

John B came jogging back into the house. "I think that's everything," he said in relief as he brushed his hands together. It was very obvious that his anticipation was eating away at him. "How are the others doing?"

Affinity picked up her phone to check for any messages. She found the one from Kiara. "Kie said they have one more quick run and they'll meet us here."

"Good," John B hummed. "I feel like we're missing something. Are we missing something?"

Affinity shot him a funny look. "I think you're just at the break of insanity. Just try to take a breath."

John B smiled at her. "Wow, you're suddenly comfortable with all this."

Affinity pursed her lips together and shook her head. "No, I've just accepted that I'm going to die tonight."

"You're so dramatic," John B said, rolling his eyes.

Affinity pointed a finger at him. "At least I'm not afraid of rubbing alcohol! An axe murder is a reasonable fear!"

"That was one time!"

"Whatever," Affinity laughed. "I'm going to change."

Affinity walked into her room and shut the door. After taking off the clothes she was wearing, she pulled on a pair of black athletic shorts and a black hooded sweatshirt, then slipping on a pair of tennis shoes. Affinity plopped down on her bed to brush her hair and pull it up into a ponytail. Her eyes fell upon her notebook that rested on her nightstand. She reached out to grab it and flipped to the page she had been jotting down notes about the Pogues. Affinity took the pencil out of the spiral and started to sketch another box, writing down next to it: NO POGUE-ON-POGUE MACKING. She furrowed her brows at the words and drew a couple of question marks next to it. A light knocking on the door sounded through the room.

"They're here, Fin," John B called out on the other side of the door.

Affinity jumped to her feet, tossed her notebook back onto her desk, and hurried out the door.

"You ready?" John B asked.

Affinity jogged into the kitchen to finish one last task. "One second." She opened the bottom cabinet and pulled out the cookbook. Her eyes quickly scanned past each page as she flipped through the book, and after a few moments, she decided on a recipe. Affinity set the book down on the counter and left the kitchen to rejoin John B.