𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

Affinity felt like she was drowning

Slowly sinking into the endless abyss inside her head as the weight of the water slowly crushed her to death. Her hands reached towards the daylight that seemed to be fading away from her while she plummeted into its constricting depths.

She couldn't think.

She couldn't move.

Her hearing kept fading in and out as her knees began to buckle. If it weren't for John B, she would've come crashing down to the concrete. Through her blurry vision, she could see a small pool of blood forming around her father's head. Seeing that the bullet had penetrated the side of his head was enough to make her sick.

"Dad-" She breathed, her shuddered breath making her words rattle in her throat just as tears began to form.

She pushed away from John B and dropped to her knees, then crawling the rest of the way to his lifeless figure. Her shaky hands began to reach from him, but she hesitated. Every part of her didn't want to believe this was possible.

It couldn't be happening.

He was her everything.

She had finally worked up enough courage to gently roll him over and lift his dead weight so that she could rest his head on her lap. The blood from his wound coated her hands and was now trickling down her legs. The tears were falling uncontrollably, streaming down the sides of her face to then drop down to stain her father's beige police uniform.

Affinity continued to mutter phrases of disbelief, shaking her head back and forth. She slowly picked up her eyes to look upon the horrid men that stood before her. The shock didn't allow her to mourn yet and anger immediately took its place.

"What have you done?!" She shrieked through gritted teeth. "You've taken- everything from me!"

Ward raised his hands in the air. "Affinity-"

Affinity was now shaking with anger. "Don't you dare-"

"Rafe, what did you do?" Ward muttered, his attention now addressed to his son.

"I-I saved you, Dad," he answered shakily yet he held the gun so confidently.

John B had now kneeled next to Officer Peterkin, who was still fighting for breath, and began to apply pressure on her wounded shoulder. John B scrambled to take off his bandana, then placing it over her blood stained clothes as a desperate attempt to keep her alive. The two of them didn't even notice that Rafe still had the gun pointed at them.

"Call..." Officer Peterkin gasped as her breaths wheezed in and out. "Call for help."

In response, John B reached for her radio and began to ontact the station.

"Wait- no!" Rafe yelled, cocking the gun at John B.

"Rafe, no! Rafe!"

Rafe took a step closer. "Don't try it, asshole."