The Hidden Club

What unfolded before me at no.64 King Street was one the most bizzare experiences of my life. When I entered through the door   found myself at the end of a long embellished corridor. A red felt carpet padded under hoof. The red walls were lined with yellow lights and a gold trim. Hardwood antique desks with flowers in expensive bowls were spaced facing the walls. Heavy thuds vibrated the floor periodically, and shrill bursts of noise lit up the air. I cautiously walked down the corridor, the door at the other end vibrating in its hinges. I put one hoof on the red leather door and pushed open.

The Room on the other side of the door was completely different. On either side of the door were two long stair cases down to the main floor. Balconies stuck out of the walls at jointy angles and there was a large dance in the centre. At the other end of the room was a bar cut of out the wall and on top of that was a balcony covered in speakers. A singular white pony with a red and balck mane stood here, hooves on a set of DJ turntables, nodding and grinning madly. The room was only lit up by strobe lights hanging from the walls. Many ponies of all breeds and colours were about about the place, ordering drinks, dancing or chatting with each other at tables around the edges of the dance floor. I slowly walked down the stairs, taking in the intoxicating atmosphere. I could feel the dubstep pulsing through me and vibrating the walls. When I reached the bottom of the stairs I kept to the walls.  I wouldnt want to draw any attention to myself. And what was I supposed to do here? This didnt look like the kind of place that had alot of money to give away. Unless they wanted me to steal it..I quickly snapped out of thinking. I wanted to leave, but I also wanted to stay and look for clues to as it was I had to do. I started to walk past the tables and ponies. I recognized a few ponies here. Wanted convicts for arrest, why were they here? Was this the place criminal scum met and discussed future motives? I could have stayed thinking for ages, but out the corner of my eye I noticed a pony staring at me, holding something. I couldnt see exactly what it was but when a light flashed on him for a brief second I saw what looked like a knife. I could barely see his face, but I could see the large scar running down his eye. I knew this pony. A wanted pony, charged with assult. I took a step back. I had no chance here. The defening music and lights made me feel light headed. I was about to turn and run when I white hoof grabbed my shoulder and forced me to sit a chair. I turned to face whoever had done this, but I couldnt see in the dark. They leaned in close and a female voice said

"Meet me upstairs, third balcony from the right. Five minutes. I can help you.."

   And with that she left. I initially thought it was a hooker or some prostitute attempting to mug me, but when I looked back at the pony with the knife he looked afraid and had stopped his advance. Maybe there was more to her that meets the eye.

I took out a cigarette and smoked it. I turned my head towards the bar. Was there a chance I could get a drink? I trotted over a slumped myself on the stool at the end next to a pair of ponies making out. The bartended walked up to me; a pink pony with a yellow mane wearing revealing clothing and far too much make up.

"What can I get ya sweetie?" Her voice cooed across the counter.

"Um.." I started. " Bottle of Jack Daniels?"

She laughed. A fake, forced laugh. She then smiled at me.

"We dont sell that kind of stuff here sweetie."

"Then what do you recommend?" I asked.

"I'll see what I can get ya handsome." She winked and turned around picking up some bottles of alchohol. From what I could understand about this place, the employees were paid to whore themselves. Flirting was part of the package. If not why was she dressed like that? Her low neck belly top and short shorts left little to the imagination, and it would make sense for this place to make more money. She put the drink on the counter, a small glass filled with bright green liquid. It seemed to glow in the glass.

"If ya need anything else..anything at all..let me know honey. I'll be sure to help out in any way I can.."

She winked again and then walked off to serve other customers. I looked down at the drink. It didnt look particularly appealing. I picked it up and moved it two my lips. It didnt smell bad. Maybe one taste. I was about too when suddenly the pony sitting next to me turned. He had been busy the whole time making out with one of the employees, but now he saw what I was drinking he spoke.

"One sip, you'll be hammered mate."

He then went back to making out. I paused. Part of me wanted too. But I stopped myself. I needed to keep my wits about me. I put down the glass and looked at my watch. It had been 3 minutes.

"I guess I should get a move on.." I muttered under my breath as I got up and headed towards the stairs leading to the balconies on the right side.

I climbed up the stairs and found myself confronted by a series of locked doors. I could hear moans coming from within and could only guess what was happening. I counted down three doors and I knocked on the third.

"Come in!" Came the voice.

I slowly opened the door and looked inside. I saw a pegasus sitting at a table, two tall drinks on the table.

"Come, sit." She said in a calm, soothing voice.

  I shut the door behind me and sat down, looking at her. She was white and had her long wings casually spread out. Her mane an  tail were red with black at the sides. She had black bands around her front hooves and her cutiemark of a heart openly showed. She had a small black heart tatooed on her cheek and she looked contemptly at me with kind, green eyes.

"Um..forgive me..but who are you?" I asked.

"Not a prostitute before you ask".

She smiled across the table, her large eyes glistening.

"You dont strike me as the kind of pony who should be here. You dont blend in. Whats your name pony?"

"My name is Arlo Kotov, I am a detective with the Manehatten police force."

"Well, Mr.Kotov..what are you doing here?"

I didnt know what to say. I didnt trust her. I didnt have to tell her. I could just leave now.

"Actually, Im gonna call you Arlo. Its alot more fun to say." She said playfully.

I sighed. And stood up.

"Look unless you know anything about somepony called 'Advocite' Im not interested." I said unamusingly, not expecting a response. Silence. I sighed again. Was she mocking me? I turned over to look at her. She was stiff. Rigid. She was breathing in short gasps. Her eyes were small. I walked over and put my hoof on her shoulder.

"a...ad...ad..advocate..." she muttered in breaths.

I sat down, suddenly interested.

"You know him?"

"He took everything from me.."

She turned, shaking, tears developing in the corner of her eyes.

"Tell me..what happened...I cant help.." I said, trying to reassure her.

"I cant..your police..."

I looked at the paper badge inside my wallet I carried in my pocket. I held it in my hoof, the shiny horseshoe with a shield inside. I took it out and ripped it two, infront of her eyes so she could see it.

"Not right now.." I smiled. I loved my job, but I loved my somepony more. She smiled at me, tears in thin lines down her.

"Oh jeez look at me. Haha" She laughed, wiping away her tears. I smiled an uneasy smile at her.

"Advocite is one of the most devious minds in the city. A criminal mastermind." She started.

"Excuse me, but before you start, who are you?"

"Me? Oh. My name is Blackheart..."