Chapter Eight

Damon was whistling him and Bonnie wandered the woods "You're in a good mood for the first time this decade. stop that" Bonnie said confused.

"I have a hot date with my girl tonight" Damon said joyful smirk on his face.

"yeah assuming Kai's telling the truth" Bonnie said but Damon just ignored her negative words.

"I'm thinking dinner and a movie" Damon grinned thinking about the love of his life "you know what? screw the dinner and the movie , lets skip straight to the good part" Damon smirked twiddling a stick in his hand.

"yeah, and assuming i can do the spell, which i wont know until i see it" Bonnie interjected trying to get Damon to see that he might not see Elena tonight or ever.

"what happened to hope, Bon? remember how i was all like, boo, grr and you were all "hooray, hooray! We're getting out of here"" Damon swung his arms in the air and put on a high voice trying to imitate Bonnie.

"Look, i want to get home more than anything but Kai's a sociopath who's to say he wont screw us over and i also want to get Rain away from him" Bonnie said with reason

"me. i say and I really think that he likes Rain, i mean she's a great gal who wouldn't?" Damon said starting to get in a mood from Bonnie's negativity "and i will kill Kai and anyone who gets in my way of going home" Damon stuck the stick out in front of him like he was stabbing someone or fighting someone.

Suddenly, Kai appeared with Rain not to far away with the ascendant in his hand "i heard my name. all good i hope" Kai said with a cheeky grin and he put the ascendant up in the air "the eclipse will happen directly overhead in perfect alignment with the Gemini constellation" he then looked over to Damon "you need to dig tunnels below us well do the spell there" Kai ordered and Damon looked visibly frustrated.

"why?"

"have you never portal-jumped through an eclipse before?" Kai asked in fake shock "okay, look, the light of the eclipse will shine down and activate the ascendant you spout a little witch woo and then, poof. anyone standing in the circle of light holding the ascendant goes home" Kai explained then behind then they heard a small mutter of a song to see Rain mumbling the song 'Circle of Life'

"what? you guys never seen the Lion King?" Rain asked them like they were crazy.

"anyway" Bonnie said looking back at Kai "by "witchy woo" i assume you mean the spell?" Bonnie asked raising an eyebrow "let me see it"

"when the time comes" Kai smirked and started walking away grabbing Rains hand as well pulling her with him.

"where are yous going?" Damon asked annoyed

"into town we need to get some supplies" Rain said with a sweet smile and then skipped up to Kai "are you okay?" she asked as the two walked out of the woods

"yeah why wouldn't i be okay?" he asked confused and she just shrugged "are you okay?" and she nodded and gave him a tight smile and Kai stopped walking making Rain ahead of him but when she noticed she turned around and looked at him confused.

"what are you doing? are you coming?"

"what's wrong?" he demanded.

"nothing geez, lets go" Rain said waving her hand for him to come over.

"not until you tell me what's wrong"

"how do you know somethings wrong?" she asked and he smirked not saying nothing. Finally, she huffed and looked to the ground nervously "i guess, I'm just scared that when we get out of here you wont like me anymore, that you will see a better looking girl and drop me straight away" Rain confessed embarrassed. Kai made his way over to her and lifted her chin with his fingers.