Chapter fourteen

"You cant miss Friendsgiving!" Elena's voice rang through Alaric's phone "I mean, matt and Jeremy are cleaning up the whole Tripp mess and Caroline's mom has to work. Were already low on friends as it is" Elena complained.

Rain, Stefan, Damon and Ric were all on the side of the road while Damon was getting something out of the trunk.

"Well, if its any consolation our Thanksgiving was roadside chili" Ric joked.

"Hey, were you invited to, uh, Friendsgiving?" Stefan asked Damon and Rain. Damon slammed the trunk door shut while holding a bag.

"Of course. Caroline demanded I bring string beans" Damon replied.

"Yeah, but since Elena and Caroline only want to be my friend to keep a 'close eye on me' I said no and hung up the phone" Rain said and the two brothers looked at her with confusion "Ill tell you later"

"Anyways, why? were you not invited?" Damon asked in shock and humour.

"Nope"

"oh, boy. You messed with the wrong girls feelings" Damon laughed.

"what do you mean Bonnie's in the Prison world. Damon said that she wasn't there that she had found peace" Elena asked anxiously and shocked down the phone at the news of her best friend still being alive. "why didn't you tell me this?" Elena asked happy.

"Why wouldn't I consult you in a decision that might permanently change you life? Hmm, I wonder?" Damon spoke loudly so Elena could hear.

Rain had jumped into the car and fell into a quick sleep dreaming once again of Kai and Bonnie but this time it was just a memory of what had already happened.

"he didn't want to get you hope up. He and Rain honestly thought Bonnie died trying to free them" Alaric explained "If she sent over her teddy bear over and Rain's dream/ vison thing she had of her then it could mean she's still"

"Bonnie is still alive? Oh, my god" Elena said excited with the news.

"Yeah, so we're in Portland right now trying to track down some Gemini thing" Ric said and looked to Damon who whispered "Ascendant".

"This is amazing" Elena grinned.

"Alaric you might want to keep this news to yourself I tracked this lead four months ago and it was a dead end" Stefan spoke being the buzz kill. Ric turned around quickly.

"Stefan send his love"

"wait but wh-" Elena couldn't finish what she was going to say because Alaric ended the call. she turned around to see Caroline with a shocked face.

"Bonnie's alive?" she asked and Elena had a huge smile on her face and they started laughing in pure joy knowing that they might get their best friend back.

Rain woke up in the car and realised no one was in so she decided to get out and once she did she began walking to the big while house but not seeing Ric, Stefan or Damon so she went up to the door and knocked on it but. Surprise, surprise no one came to answer so she just opened it and walked in.

She walked around for a bit to find and old man and Damon who was sitting on a couch. "Is Kai still there?" the man asked while Rain listened in quietly.

"Yeah, he is, with my friend Bonnie. Which leads me to why I'm here" Damon said.

"Does Kai know how to escape?" The man asked but before Damon could answer "You can come in you know no need to hide" the said and Rain stepped in the room while Damon sighed.

"Look, ill tell you everything you wanna know but first, we need something from you" Damon spoke as Rain walked past the man and stood next to Damon. "Its round, about yea big, a bunch of old gears and wheels and things" Damon said gesturing with his hands and then looked up to Rain "Its a lot harder to describe than I thought" he said with a confused look but she only laughed slightly.