Chapter twenty-Eight

(A/N: before i start this, i don't actually know if it was four years but I'm going to guess it was but if its wrong please tell me, and enjoy.)

Four years later

Rain was sitting in a small café, in France. She had change slightly over the years, she had cut her hair to shoulder length and matured, a lot. She was doing some work on her computer when she got a text message from an unknown number.

"Hello?" She asked through the phone and a familiar voice rang through that brought memories that she tried to keep buried deep.

"Rain, I know we haven't talked in a while but we need your help. Damon needs your help"

"Ill be there" She spoke and instantly called her work for a couple days off and booked a plane ticket. It was time to face her past.

* * * * * * * *

Caroline had just dumped Stefan after him fully given his freedom to the devil, not caring a tiny bit for her. She was lying in bed walloping in her own self pity when Bonnie comes and forces her out of bed only to find Damon like a statue on a chair in the middle of the living room.

Sybil, then convinced Bonnie and Caroline to let her free if she helped Damon and she did she got them into his head through the back door.

It was all about forgiveness but it wasn't Caroline's or Bonnie's so, Sybil decided to call Stefan perhaps he was the key to getting Damon back and he was but not fully. Out of every person he has hurt there is only one he wanted to apologise to.

Stefan stepped back and everyone watched seeing that Damon was still in his frozen-like nature. Suddenly the door slammed open and in came Rain in a mature white pants suit with a sports bra like top underneath.

"Let me try" Rain said walking up to Damon and held his cheek, it gave her a sense of Deja vu from when she walked up to Elena.

"Who the hell are you?" Sybil asked and everyone looked at her confused because if she had been in his head then she must know who Rain is.

"She his best friend, but he killed the love of her life to save Bonnie" Stefan spoke nonchalantly with a smile on his face. Everyone snarled him and Sybil looked confused but agreed to let her in because if Damon was willing to keep Rain a secret then she must mean a lot to him.

"Fine" Sybil said grabbing Damon's head again and letting Rain inside.

Damon's head:

Rain was stood in a familiar place, a place that haunts her dreams every night. she was standing in the destroyed room that was supposed to be Jo and Alaric's wedding. The room she watched the love of her life die.

But then suddenly, she was some where else The Mystic Grill, she was at a table the same one she was in when she spoke with Elena.

She looked ahead and saw Damon with a small smile on his face. "Rain" he breathed out happiness to see her face again after such time. She smiled at him and reached her hands over the table to hold his "Rain, I am so sorry, for causing you so much grief and pain" Damon cried, his hands shaking slightly as his voice trembled. "I'm sorry for destroying our relationship and not reaching to try and heal it." Damon explained and Rain sat there silently listening to his voice.

"Damon" she spoke calmly with a smile "I forgive you" she spoke honestly and his eyebrows furrowed as he looked up at her.

"what?"

"Damon I have had years to reflect and grow. I forgave you a long time ago but i just needed time to get myself together, I went to therapy, I got a job in fashion and is now one of the top fashion artists in Paris, I build a life for myself" Damon looked stunned for a minute before a smile stretched out on his face.

"You got your dream" He spoke and she nodded and laughed.

"But if I'm being honest, the outside world needs you so stop being a stubborn ass and thinking your in hell because your not anymore anyway, and you know why?" she says raising an eyebrow.

"Why?" he smiles shaking his head.

"Because I'm back, and like hell am i going to let my childhood burn down by some bitches that call them selves sirens, I'm much more compelling" Rain joked and Damon laughed and nodded agreeing.

Rain pulled out from his head and stood back but nothing happened and everyone sighed in disappointment and as Stefan was going to leave Damon was finally up and ripped Stefan's heart out.

"You're right, little brother. I cant forgive you for destroying out hometown. Cause I ain't gonna let it happen"

Sybil, Caroline and Bonnie all smirk at him while Rain is fixing herself a glass of bourbon. "I'm not even an hour back in this town and I'm already drinking more than I have in the last year." Rain said downing the drink instantly.

Everyone looks at her and she gives them a wave. "right well I'm going to have to see what this whole bell this is so you girls have fun" Damon says leaving.

"How have I not heard you" Sybil says taking a seat next to her on the couch and Rain looked at Bonnie and Caroline and put a hand to her chest.

"Have you guys not talked about me, Ouch" Rain said sarcastically and then laughed.

"No, I mean, I have been in every inch of Damon's brain and not once have I heard your name or seen a glimpse of you" Sybil said and Rain looked at her disturbed.

"you have been in that guy's brain?" Rain asked rhetorically "I mean, i have a good therapist, do you want her number?" Rain asked and Sybil giggled.

"wow, I mean I like you, you know how to laugh" Sybil complemented and Rain smiled at her. "This is going to sound weird but do you mind if I look inside your head?" Sybil asked and Caroline and Bonnie looked at each other, she had never asked permission to do that.

"Sure" Rain said not bothered about what she sees.

Sybil puts her hands on Rain's head and saw almost everything since the day she died and found out about the supernatural. She saw the prison world, her with Kai and the relationship she had with him, she saw much they were pulled from each other and how badly she was treated by Bonnie and Damon by the end, then she saw Damon killing Kai and how much it killed her. She saw her exploring the world, being a vampire and her growth in flashes.

Sybil pulled away and looked at Rain with sympathy from the trauma she has had from the supernatural, trauma she did not deserve at all.

Sybil looked to Bonnie "she deserves one hell of an apology from you" She stands up then leaves the room leaving the three girls.

"Rain-" Bonnie starts but Rain cuts her off.

"Its okay" Rain smiled and stood up "I forgave you a long time ago Bonnie Bennet" Rain said and Bonnie hugged her and she hugged back and then looked at Caroline and put her arms wider for her to join in. The three girls hugged for a while then pulled away.

"How did you know we needed you" Caroline asked curios.

"Matt called me" Rain said and the girls laughed in relief. "God I hate this town so much, but I couldn't just let it go down in flames, not after all of us have been through"

The girl talked for a while, Rain told them about the life she has built and how much she has travelled and the amazing job she has now. Which reminded her that she needed to get back to but they kept in contact, with all of them, she wished she could stay and help them but she just couldn't bring herself to get wrapped in all that stuff again.