Chapter Twenty-Nine

A couple days ago after Matt have forcefully been told to ring the bell that is supposed to bring hell fine for miles, supposedly to destroy the whole of Mystic Fall's and more. But he only was able to ring it 11 times out of the 12 by Damon stopping him, not knowing that a few people being tortured in hell was able to escape. One of them being Rain Spector's former love.

Kai was now with Damon trying to get him to help stay on earth, they were on in a diner type restaurant talking about the sirens. Damon looked at him curiously and cautiously. Kai looked up at him with a 'are-you-done-staring-at-me-look'.

"Why haven't you asked about Rain?" Damon asked and Kai froze and then sat up properly.

"I would like to know that i have a place on this earth before seeing her and ripping that happiness away from her again, Also she has probably moved on" Kai said uncomfortable talking about this with him.

"You know she hated me for years" Damon said a Kai raised his eyebrows "Yep, I don't understand why that is such a surprise I mean, I did kill you and all"

Kai coughed and rubbed his neck "Yeah thanks for that by the way, been having a lovely time in hell but its not all sunshine and rainbows as everyone says" Kai spoke sarcastically waving his hand about.

"yeah well, she only forgave me a few days ago when she came back for the first time in, what, four years" Damon said and Kai had some hope in his eyes that she might still be here, perhaps not talk to her but see her. "She's in France, she became a fashion designer. One of the Top ones in France, Its incredible" Damon said shoving a few fries in his mouth.

They then saw the head of the diner trying to inappropriately touch one of his young workers, then came up with a plan that had worked for the time being.

Things had gotten messy, Kai had gotten Elena and sold her off to Cade for his freedom and as soon as he had talked to Kathrine for his revenge on Damon he instantly got a ticket to France to find the love of his life.

Rain was in her local café, outside, reading a book, The Love Hypothesis, she's about half way reading it with a big smile on her face. She was at the part where Adam and Olive are talking about staying in the same room when they go on a work trip. She found it unbelieve able how in denial they both are about how they clearly both have feelings for each other.

She sighed as she put her book down and then thanked the waiter for bringing her a latte and a chocolate, croissant, she took a bite and then a sip of her drink while searching her surroundings a saw a familiar figure.

Rain froze and then squeezed her eyes closed and once she opened them he was still there with his big goofy smile. Rain stood up slowly, hands shaking as tears formed in her eyes but not once taking them off from him. Her sun dress fell to her ankles as she tucked her hair behind her ears and ran, ran as fast as she could to him.

She wrapped her arms around him and kissed him hard, like he was going to disappear. "Rain" Kai half laughed in shock himself seeing her.

They both pulled away slightly to look at each other "How? how-" Rain couldn't speak no more she was just so stunned and delighted and overjoyed by seeing him. They walked to the table Rain was sitting at and they talked, and talked and talked until the café was closing and it was night.

Rain said that he could stay with him for as long as he wanted, but for now they where wondering the slightly, lighted streets of Paris. "how come you didn't move on?" Kai asked nervously.

"How could I. I mean, your the love of my life how do expect me to move on from that. I'd look for you in every man I'd meet" Rain said and Kai furrowed his eyebrows and looked to her.