Chapter Thirteen

Rain walked into the bar and walked up to Damon, Ric and Jo "...Looks like he's Elena's date" Jo said snarkily to Damon and Rain sighed knowing that this was about Liam and that it was going to be a long, long night for her.

"Did I say i liked you?" Damon asked sarcastically pointing out that he now doesn't like her. Rain rolled her eyes and walked up to him.

"Come on Damon" Rain said linking arms with him and pulled him away from the couple while Ric laughed lightly.

Damon was staring at Elena and Liam as they laughed with a snarl on his face "stop staring at them you look creepy" Rain said teasingly while he rolled his eyes. "I'm going to get a drink, you want a bourbon?" she asked and he nodded with a slight smile.

after Rain had gotten their drinks she walked over to where Damon was last standing to see that he wasn't there but to see him with Elena and Liam. "oh, god" she whispered to herself.

"A figure of speech its more of an emotional death, it was a very messy breakup, but were past that now" Damon looked to Elena and put a hand on her shoulder "Right? we're in the friend stage" Damon grinned.

"Right" Elena agreed and Rain shoved a drink into Damon's hand and he smiled happily and drinks some of it and then gives it back to Rain.

"No Dam-" but Rain was cut off by Damon stepping forward towards Liam.

"So the ex meets the new guy" he says messing with Liam's tie and then puts his hands on his shoulder and looks into his eyes "how freaked out are you right now?" Damon compels.

"I feel a little threatened but I think I could take you" Liam says honestly while Rain snorts and Elena looks at her and Rain covers it up with a cough while Damon smirks.

"Confident. Pfft. Sexy" Damon whispered in mock while trying not to laugh, his hands still on Liam's shoulders.

"Damon" Elena warns

"Sorry what's going on?" Liam asks confused and looks over to Elena but Damon moves his head back to face him.

"Focus. Go to the bar, get her a chardonnay" Damon compels once again and then turns back to the girls, Rain shoves his drink into his chest and walks off.

Rain walks up to Liam how was at the bar "she doesn't like chardonnay" Rain said and Liam looks at her with a confused face.

"then why am i getting it for her?" he asks and she shrugs.

"you look good Liam" Rain smiles and he gives her a weak one back.

"Yeah, well when your secret girlfriend disappears for a couple of months but then you fall for her best friend who seems to not remember you for some weird reason. but no yeah, I'm doing great" he says sarcastically taking a sip of his drink.

"I cant tell you where I was Liam but I did miss you but it also made me realise that-"

"That you don't have feeling like that for me" Liam interrupted but Rain shook her head.

"No, its not that I did, I really did. It's just that I met someone else and what we had was no match for what me and him had" Rain explained and a pained look crossed Liam's face "but you have Elena now and you guys look happier than me and you did" Rain smiled and he nodded.

"but I still miss you" Liam said sadly.

"I miss you to but maybe we can be friends now?" she asked hopeful, she kept Liam out of her head the whole time she was in the prison world cause she knew that she would cry and she didn't want that but then she met Kai who just made him disappear out off her head.