Chapter twenty

Damon and Rain were sitting in the Salvatore living room after a very stress filled night. Elena had called Damon later on after finding out about his mother that Stefan's humanity was gone, due to Caroline threatening his niece's life.

Damon had an intense stare on his face as he watched the front door open and in came a not caring Stefan. "How was the rave?" Damon asked innocently.

"Oh, you know, loud, lame, rave-like." Stefan grinned listing off his night neglecting to tell the most important part.

"anything we should know?" Rain asked standing up from the couch and standing by Damon who was sitting on a chair in the middle of the room.

"where do we keep our weapons?" Stefan asked.

"Pardon?" Damon spoke confused by the answer.

"Crossbows, vervain grenades. All that hunter crap Jeremy was into" Stefan answered suspiciously while Rain rose an eyebrow to Stefan's behaviour, she thought he would be a lot more, mean.

Damon shook his head pretending not to know, before Stefan's face lit up "Ah, yes, the throne" Stefan walked up to the chair and opened the seat cushion and opened his duffle bag and placed all kinds of dangerous weapons in there.

Suddenly, Damon vamp sped over to Stefan to try and inject him with vervain but Stefan must have anticipated the attack and caught Damon's hand.

Stefan started laughing "Elena told on me. Shocker."

"Not a good time for a humanity flip, brother" Stefan just stared at him and gripped Damon's wrist harder and bent it back, breaking it.

"Stefan stop" Rain said stepping forward. Stefan put a finger up to Rain but not saying nothing and kept his gaze on Damon.

"Do yourself a favour. Stay out of my way today" Stefan whispered slightly and let go of Damon, then looked up at Rain "you to, we cant have you getting killed now can we" Stefan walked out the house with his weapon loaded bag.

Damon snapped his arm back into place while Rain had a worried look on her face and two questions running through her mind. Why would she get killed? and, what was Stefan planning on doing?

* * * * * * * *

couple hours had passed and Damon was really angry, he was smashing things left and right. while Rain was upstairs getting a shower and getting dressed into some proper clothes.

Rain walked down stairs to see Elena and Damon "We lost the chance to spark Caroline's humanity" and Damon was just getting more and more pissed by the news "Turns out he was her emotional trigger" Elena explained and Damon offered the pole he was using to smash things up with to Elena "no thanks" she declined.

"Take it away from me because I'm seconds away from using it on this" Damon said picking up the camera Rain and Bonnie had brought back and Elena took it.

Rain walked into the room and both of them look at her, Damon smiled at her and she rose her eyebrow "quite the mess" she shook her head amused.

"well, what can i say" Damon grinned, Elena looked between the two confused because she couldn't remember their friend ship so she felt a bit out of place.

"Who is that" Elena interrupted and referred to the woman on the camera. Damon turned it around so she could have a better view.

"This, is Lillian Salvatore" Damon said casually and a look of shock coursed through Elena as her eyes widen and her moth open's in surprise.

"Your mother is alive?" Elena questions completely baffled by the news.

"yup" Damon replied.

"Turns out she's been in a prison-world snapshot of 1903 for over a century." Rain explained while walking closer to the couple.

Elena had a 'wow' look on her face as she held the camera looking at the woman "Your mother is alive" Elena breathed happy for Damon.

"Oh, yeah, alive and well. Not in the pine box that I thought I buried her in, in 1858" Damon explained with anger staring to bubble up again.

"don't forget she a vampire" Rain said pointing at him and he nodded.

"yeah, but not just any kind of vampire-" Damon was going to carry on but Elena interrupted him.

"Damon, Your mother is alive!" Elena said in amazement not understanding why he was so angry.

"She's a ripper, Elena" Damon spat out, and Elena's happy face melted "Make's perfect sense, Stefan was always such a mama's boy"

Something switched in Rain's head when she heard this news "How much of a Mamma's boy?" she asked and Elena and Damon both look to her.

"He would've hanged himself with Mother's apron strings if it meant her approval" Damon said picturing her "We both would. We loved her. She was our world" Damon said thinking about his childhood.

Elena caught onto what Rain was thinking and Damon looked at them confused before realising himself "No. No way" Damon spoke sternly.

"This is our way to get Stefan back" Elena defended desperately "You cant tell us that his mother isn't an emotional trigger."

"you don't understand. This woman killed so many people that an entire coven of witches built her a permanent time-out" Damon said putting down the idea instantly "You don't fix one ripper problem by unleashing another ripper"

"Think about it. If this works, we don't just get Stefan and Caroline back. We get your mother back" Rain said giving him a sympathetic look.

"Aren't you even a little curious to see her?" Elena chimed in.

"I might know a few witches who can help" Damon said and a smile lit up on Rain and Elena's face.

Damon went to go see Bonnie to ask her to help while he told Rain to go get Kai so he could take them there.

Rain ran upstairs to grab her phone and call Kai not knowing a plan Damon had prepared. Rain quickly dialled Kai's number and let it ring, Kai answered instantly.

"Hey, Darling are you okay?" Kai said down the phone.

"Yes, I have good news, Damon's going to get Bonnie to talk to you, but we need you to help us get to 1903 so we can get Stefan and Damon's mother back, so she can get Stefan's humanity back then Caroline's" Rain rambled down the phone.

Kai chuckled "Okay, okay just breathe I'll come meet you just text me the location" Kai said and Rain texted the location and smiled. If this worked everything was going to be perfect, she had Kai, Damon and Bonnie and soon she will have Caroline and Stefan back.

All she had to do now was wait.

Authors note:

Hi my loves,

I'm so sorry for the long, long update but I have been so busy but hope you like it and are all okay.

have a good day xx