Chapter nineteen

Rain, Kai and Damon were all in the seating area of the Salvatore house, Rain was sitting on the couch, Kai was fixing them both up a drink while Damon just got a call from Stefan saying that Caroline had turned off her humanity.

"Yeah. Why tell your brother your mother is still alive?" Kai asked sarcastically knowing that Damon neglected to tell him that part. "But I get it. Mom's in a prison world and therefore an evil psychopath. Don't wanna ruin little bro's perfect mommy memory" Kai said as he handed Rain a glass and she rolled her eyes at what he said.

Damon just stood there not caring about Kai's words "Ill tell him soon as I know the truth"

"Truth" Kai scoffed and sat next to Rain and put an arm around her.

"which is why you're still here. Your sister sent me and Elena back to 1994. you can send me back to 1903." Damon said and Kai nodded smug.

"Technically, yes. I am able to do that, But ill need the ascendant for the 1903 prison world" Kai said with a grin, Rain got a whiff of deja-vu, it reminded her of the prison world when they were looking for their ascendant.

"As the newly elected president of the Gemini freaks, I assume you know where to get it, so get it" Damon demanded and Kai just looked at him.

"Its my pleasure" Kai said and Damon looked at him suspiciously.

"But..." Rain said knowingly.

"you want something, shocker" Damon said finishing Rain's thoughts off "all right." Damon said sitting on the couch opposite. Kai sat forward.

"Well, ever since you told me Bonnie was back, I cant stop thinking about her. what I did. How she is. It's annoying, really, because I only want those feelings for Rain" Kai sighed "Look. I need to see her. I need to apologize. Your going to make that happen" Kai said and Damon stared at him as if he's just asked the impossible.

Rain grabbed Kai's hand and lead him out of the room so they could talk in some kind of privacy while Damon comes up with a way to ask Bonnie to talk to Kai. Rain walks them into a bedroom that she had stayed in, in the prison world.

Rain put her arms around Kai's neck and Kai put his hands on Rain's hips, Rain put one of her hands to Kai's jaw and brushed with her thumb the stubble of hair growing on his face, "I like this" she said and he rose an eyebrow.

"Yeah?" he asked and she nodded.

"I think it suits you, and its every sexy" She said with a smirk and something gleamed in his eyes as they darkened. "I also think its very sexy what your doing for Bonnie, trying to make amends" Rain said looking into his eyes as they soften.

Kai kisses her lips softly and then pulls away "I love you, so damn much" he says as he snuggles his head into the crook of her neck as she giggles and runs her fingers through his hair.

"I love you, so damn much too" she said with a smile and pulled away but linked her hand with his "we better get down stairs" she said and a frown placed on Kai's lips.

"Kiss, first" Kai said like a child and she giggled and gave him a quick peck and he kept the frown from small kiss.

"Lets go Kai" Rain laughed as they walked down stairs to see Damon dialling a number on his phone then putting it to his ear.

"uh-oh. Caroline go off the rails? If so, I called it" Damon said while Rain and Kai stood there awkwardly as they couldn't hear the other side of the phone.

"Bonnie I thought I was clear: our relationship only exists within the confines of 1994." Damon jokes while smirking. Rain smiled, she loved seeing Damon and Bonnie getting along.