Chapter Twenty-One

Damon and Rain walked into the Salvatore living room where Kai and Bonnie were preparing for the spell. They had talked over lunch and it turns out Kai did actually have the ascendant for the prison world.

"Damn, Crocodile Dundee called. He wants his knife back" Kai joked referring to the massive knife Bonnie was holding, Rain giggled slightly and Kai smirked at her while Bonnie and Damon rolled their eyes.

"Yeah, you know, he's no longer a thing, and neither is that joke." Bonnie said with a bitchy tone and hide the knife away.

"ouch" Kai mumbled as he was just trying to be friendly but he knew that it would take a lot of time for Bonnie to even think about trusting him after the hell he put her through.

Bonnie began dropping her blood on the ascendant when Elena walking in, in a coat close looking to Rain's "Is this presentable attire by 1903 standards?" Elena asked holding the fur off her coat.

"I think it looks great" Rain shrugged wearing a similar coat and Elena smiled happily at her.

"Whoa. who said you're coming?" Damon asked confused.

Elena gave him a disbelief look "To meet the woman who gave birth to the two epic loves of my life? me" Elena laughed like Damon was stupid for even asking.

"As powerful as I am, there's a limit to how many people I can transport with this spell" Kai interrupted knowing this is going to drain his magic.

"Right which is why there's two of us" Bonnie said to Kai raising her eyebrows. Kai sighed and bonnie looked to every one "Shall we" She said and everyone walked over to them.

"Fine, let go get mom" Damon said as Elena held onto Bonnie, Damon held hands to Elena where as Rain held onto Kai.

Kai began chanting the spell and a familiar bight, white light appeared and Rain sighed, she's sick of seeing that stupid light.

Suddenly they weren't inside the Salvatore house, they were outside in a the forest which was caked in snow.

"Well, isn't this a picturesque slice of hell?" Damon asked rhetorically.

"You guys go ahead. We'll start the locator spell on the ascendant" Bonnie said and Elena looked at her confused.

"What? but Kai just had the ascendant. Why do we have to find another one?" Elena asked.

"The ascendant cant travel between worlds. We gotta find its mirror image in 1903" Kai explained and Rain wrapped her arms around Kai's arms so she got a bit more warm.

"Page 10 of the world-jumping rule book" Damon said zipping his coat up more. "Shall we" Damon said walking away.

"I don't wanna leave you alone with him" Elena said worried, they both look ever at him as he sticks his tongue out to try and get some snow.

"I'll be fine. He good now, Remember? new leaf, and besides I have Rain and she wont let him do anything bad to me." Bonnie said as she watch Kai and Rain laugh together.

Elena still looked very unsure but walked back to Damon anyway. Kai and Rain walk back over to Bonnie and Kai had a look of hope in his eye.

"New leaf? you believe me?" Kai asked and Rain smiled happy but Bonnie just gave him a disgusted look.

"Hell no, but Damon and Elena need to meet his mom alone. So shut up and lets find the ascendant" Bonnie said harshly and Rain's face fell from the meanness that came from Bonnie but she also didn't speak up because what could she say, Kai put her through hell.

Kai cut his finger and Bonnie opened her hand out so it dropped onto her hand "You have really nice palms" Kai said to Bonnie and Rain sniggered.

"Babe, your just being weird now" Rain said with a small smile he looked over at her and kissed he head as Bonnie began chanting the spell.