Chapter Nine

"missed you to buddy" Damon sighed tapping his brothers back. Rain had taken a step outside to let them have their moment. Rain clutched her stomach as the heart breaking look of Kai ran through her head, silent tears streamed down her face as she leant back on to the wall.

"...she loves me" Rain heard snapping out of her grief of leaving Kai she stood up and walked up to the two brothers with a confused face.

"what's going on?" she asked and Stefan looked to the floor and let out a sigh "Stefan?"

"Elena compelled herself to forget Damon and you" Stefan explained and her eye's widen.

"what?" she whispered in utter shock "what- what about Bonnie?" she asked desperately.

"she remembers Bonnie" Stefan nodded and relief over come Rain.

"what do you mean she's forgotten me and Damon like she doesn't remember meeting us?" Rain asked confused, she shuffled closer over to Damon, it was like she could hear his heart breaking more.

"no, it like she can only remember the horrible parts of Damon and its like you were just someone who went to high school with her" Stefan explained, Rain screwed her eye's closed hoping that would numb the pain that one of her best friends cant remember her.

"why?" Rain whispered her gaze fallen to the floor, almost flinching from the answer.

"it was to hard to lose you two" Stefan said simply like if had thought of the idea he would have done it. Rain shook her head in denial refusing to believe it.

"no, Its Elena she has to remember me, she's my best friend" Rain looked to Damon who had the same face on as her.

"exactly, Rain understands" Damon tilted his head towards her.

"Now, Damon" Rain turned to look at him and fixed his hair slightly and grabbed his black jacket "go get your girl" Rain winked and he smirked back at her as he vamp sped away and Stefan sighed, he slightly envied the bond between Damon and Rain, their platonic love, like nothing could come between them.

"right then Stefan" Rain's angelic voice caught his attention "is it time for us to catch up, don't you think?" she said with a stern voice, Rain could tell Stefan had changed over the few months he was more distant with them.

Stefan had brought Rain to Whitmore Campus to make her a bit familiar with it again. They had a talk and she scolded him many times over they way he had treated Caroline who was just trying to be his friend. "wow, it feels like I'm getting told off by my mother" Stefan muttered and Rain heard and Rain slapped the back off his head and he chuckled.

Suddenly Stefan's phone started buzzing and a voice was muffled on the other side of the phone "seriously? jumped out of a window? what if somebody saw you?" Stefan's tone was panicked and slightly disappointed.

Rain gave him a strange look and then tapped him and gestured her hand to go wander about and he nodded "don't go to far, Ill find you later, okay?" Stefan said protectively and Rain nodded.

"who was that?" Elena asked down the phone.

"Rain" Stefan said and Elena made a hmp noise down "what?" Stefan sighed not wanting to argue but he could sense the annoyance from her.

"nothing, nothing its just i don't know her, are you really going to trust her?" Elena mumbled and Stefan could glare at her right now he would.

"Yes, well remember Elena you erased your memories of her no one else did and if anything we should have told her about us long before she found out she didn't deserve how we treated her" Stefan said as guilt consumed him of the past.