Chapter Twelve

"Damon I don't think you should be touching all of that stuff" Rain warned Damon as she sat in a chair next to Alaric's Hospital bed.

"Rain at the moment I really don't care." Damon said and she just shrugged and rolled her eyes "We are on a roll Ric, all the terrible things I did to people Elena cared about. Let's see: I turned Caroline into my own personal blood juice box, I turned Matts sister into a vampire, threatened to kill Bon-Bon a couple of times" Damon listed and Rain glared at him while Ric just sat there like this was normal.

"More than a couple" Ric pointed out.

"Subjective. Sometimes I was being funny" Damon said grabbing something from behind Ric's bed.

"I would ask how you joke about something like that but its you Damon so I'm not gonna" Rain said and Damon just smirked at her while Ric nodded agreeing with what she was saying.

"You killed Stefan's best friend at his birthday party" Ric said and Damon pushed his head back down against the pillow.

"What? who?" Rain asked.

"Do you remember Lexi by any chance?" Damon said and Rain's eye's widen.

"Oh, my god. You killed her" Rain said in shock and Damon nodded and got back to Ric.

"Then you snap Jeremy's neck when Elena said she'd never love you" Ric half shouted getting angry at Damon while Rain sat their in shock- she new Damon had done bad stuff but this is not what she had imagined.

"On second thought lets think about all the charming, heroic things you obliterated from my girls mind" Damon tapped Ric's face and put the Hospital thing back behind Ric bed.

Alaric groaned as he sat up "Ah, God, if i could take it all back, I would"

"I know" Damon sighed "and listen, despite the fact that my long list of dastardly deeds involves killing you" Damon grips Ric's shoulder in a comfort type way "I'm glad you alive"

"Thanks man" Ric nodded and Rain stood up from the chair she was sitting in.

"yeah" Damon said grabbing some tubes that where linked up to Ric "Although, had you actually died human instead of coming back human again your compulsion would've gone and Elena would be mine again" Twisting the tubes around his hand.

"Hey, hands of the medical equipment for now" Rain said moving Damon away.

"really heartfelt, I appreciate it" Ric said sarcastically and smiled nicely to Rain.

"Well, now she's stuck with only evil-me memories" Damon argued and managed to press a button on one of the machines behind Rain.

"You know if you kill me, I am dead for good this time, remember that. Make sure he remembers" Ric said that last part to Rain while she grinned nodding.

Alaric was pointing at Damon while he pulled the white clamp thing that was on his finger off making a loud beeping noise making Jo come storming in.

"Good Moring" she sighed.

"Hey, I don't know if this is a good time" Ric warned.

"Just a heads-up Doc, you're gonna be in real high demand with vampires who want to be human if you can repeat that little healing trick that you did at the border with Ric last night" Damon grinned trying to scared her even the tiniest bit.

"well just a heads-up, but saving Alaric's life was a matter of treatable death wound and perfect timing and 'fear of losing the most interesting guy I've dated' adrenaline" Jo grinned flirty over at Ric while Rain fake threw up. Jo turned her gaze back over to Damon "A hundred percent unrepeatable, which is why you cannot tell anyone"