Poison

The first thing she felt when she woke up was the weird feeling of warm moisture. The sense of aloneness in the pin drop silence is what woke her up. She sat up to the realization of the darkness around her and a vomit- inducing smell next her.

Her head was still muddled from sleep, so she sat for a few minutes, blinking her eyes at the darkness while trying to sober up. After a few minutes of adjustment, she still couldn't see a thing. Even when she raised her hand to her face, she could see it.

She looked around, trying to locate any source of light- like a moon or something but thinking of the thick foliage from earlier, she stopped. It was already hard enough for sunlight to get through.

She stood up and tried to put herself as far away as she could from the smell of vomit. Using her hands to feel around the place as she went along. Finally she felt like she had walked a good mile but hadn't felt anything except tree bark.

"Uhm... Wolf guy," she called out in a relatively soft voice, "Werewolf dude."

His ears twitched, shook then stayed still. She had called for sometime. At first he really didn't want to respond but there was something about being called 'wolf dude' by a receding voice that irritated him to the bone.

'Growl' the low sound only reverberated in his chest without leaving his mouth. It was still able to reach a good range beyond his cave.

Denise was startled before she realized who was calling to her so she blindly moved in his direction feeling like someone playing Marco-polo.

"Wolf."

"Growl."

She tripped on that, hit her shoulder on what until she made her way to a safe clearing where the growls were loudest. She calmed when she felt the rocky exterior of the cave. She then tried to make her way inside-

"Get out," it was barked out.

"You want me to head back into the dark forest?" She said in his direction.

"Out of my cave," he repeated, not at all intending to explain.

"I'm not sure what's out there. I'm lucky that I wasn't swallowed up by some bug. I-"

A menacing growl cut off her words, Denise wasn't going to argue with that. She turned and walked until she was out. She sat down right outside the cave, praying that she wasn't sitting on anything gross.

Denise felt displeased because of the lack of lights. Her thumb started to itch. A few seconds later, there was an itch at the joint on her arm. Then her scapula started to itch as well. Her hair started to irritate her and the scratching grew more vigorous. She started to feel uncomfortable all over.

She tried to listen in for mosquitoes or some insects that might be the cause of her predicament. There was only pin-drop silence.

She began to think. Something wasn't right- not that anything was right with the sudden appearance of a forest. But the trees were extremely huge, clearly showing that they are thriving. Living things primarily depend on vegetation. So if the vegetation is doing good, naturally other living things must follow suit.

In such a forest, there was not even the sound of insects? Some small animals and birds would normally leave a place due to predicted natural disasters or the existence of something dangerous.

At the point, Denise couldn't help but think back to the silver eyes in the cave and she shuddered. Running away from an area with a huge wolf was a huge possibility for a puny human like her but insects were way out of that range.

Her hands snaked into her blouse to scratch an itch then they moved on to her head.

She tried to think of her next move. More than anything, she wanted to know why and how exactly she had arrived in a forest. She wanted to know exactly where she was. She was freaked out to the bone by everything and she wanted to shout but felt that it would get her killed.

In all honesty, Denise was just having a slow emotional reaction to the change in environment. Only Heaven knew when she'd finally realize her situation.

At the moment, she felt that she needed some light. The darkness gave her the feeling of blindness despite being able to see well. Her pupils had also grown to a terrifyingly large size, trying but failing to get accustomed to the darkness. Otherwise, she was full of expectation and curiosities.

What exactly is going on?

When she opened her eyes again, the forest had become relatively bright. There was a thick warm fog hanging way above her head but at least she could see her hands clearly.

She stood and dusted off her body. She felt she really needed a good bath.

She called out, "hey! Wolf dude, Weren't you taking me to some water earlier? I could really use some. Plus a little food, I'm getting hungry."

The black haired man stepped out of his cave in all his majesty. Denise was thankful for the fog that was covering up a lot of his body.

"What have all those got to do with me?" He asked with a shrug, clearly denying responsibility.

He waved his hands rapidly and the fog around his face gave way, "Besides, you'll be dead before you can eat anything."

Denise; I -_-

death. death. death.
All the idiot knew to talk about was her death. What kind of logic was that? Ha? Even the wicked witch knew to fatten up Hansel before eating. Even human know to fatten up chicken and pigs before eating.

So wisely she asked, "You can't be planning on eating me when I'm this thin, right?"

He could see clearly through the fog. He looked her over; her darker skin, her bosom to her thick hips down to her legs.

"Eating you? Even my stomach doesn't want to play around with such a small snack," he said.

"So you're planning on starving me to death?" She asked.

"I don't have to. You've taken in enough poison to breakdown your internal organs. Soon you'll be gone," he said calmly.

"What?" She looked at him in confusion. Her eyes moved around and after a sudden realization, her hands snapped to her nose to cover it. "You're the one that fucking let me sleep out here." Her voice came out like a muffled scream.

He smiled, "It's not my responsibility to get you a cave. Any normal beastman would know these things."

"What the fuck is your problem?" She shot at him, "I didn't even want to stay here and you dragged me here. Now I just want some water and food, yet you poison me?"

"Don't enter my cave," he morphed and disappeared into the fog leaving Denise behind to scream in frustration.

——————

(A/N; this author would like the reader to note something. Fog develops on the inland. Mist develops near and over water bodies.)

Note; friendly reminder. Please add this book to your library so that you can get notifications on updates. Or you can show your support by tapping that star. Tysm. Kisses- muah!