You have to be male

Denise was sure of it; she had been wide awake the entire time but ...

where did she go?

If it hadn't been for that creature saying that she shouldn't leave, she wouldn't know that she was leaving or that she had left.

Her eyes were so wide open and her brain on high alert. She had been sleep deprived since the previous night despite the fatigue from all the day's activities. Then ...

where did she go?

Denise lifted her head from the ground. She witnessed the fog quickly back away as if it were running from something. A movement caught in her peripheral vision made her look down at an ant, the thickness of an adult's finger, walk around on the forest floor. The insect swung its chiseled jaws right and left, looking lost. Denise moved back, trying to avoid getting bitten.

The golden rays of the sun sipped through the foliage, falling onto Denise's side. Like a freshly shot bullet, full of momentum, a mind jolting, bone splitting pain tore through her. It moved from the side where the sun touched to her back. The three spots on her back that had been previously penetrated hurt the most.

Denise fell back onto the ground, lying on her stomach, her legs kicking uncontrollably. It really did feel like every cell of her body was being drained and squeezed.

The gentle rays expanded their field on her and her entire body felt like it was about to crumple. The familiar taste of blood began to rise up into her throat accompanied by what smelt like garbage and rotting flesh. Denise raised her body a distance off the ground and hurled out, with force, whatever was stuck in her.

Without delay, a red liquid spilled out. Quickly followed by a dense black liquid. Just as they were about to hit the ground, they turned white, puffed into the milky fog and gracefully wafted over the forest floor. What came out of Denise next was a long stream of fog.

Denise: !(◎_◎;).

As she watched, the fog that came out of her quickly moved towards the ant and surrounded it. Then right before her eyes, the ant started to crumble. Bits and parts of it broke off like it were an extremely dry leaf or an old wall. With every crack of its body, a small dust wadded off it. Denise could almost swear that she could hear it cry in pain. The entire thing quickly decayed to become nothing. Not even the dust of it was left.

Denise scampered away from the fog while on her arse and puffs still spread from between her lips. She wasn't going to wait for the fog to start on her. When she hit the back of the tree behind her, she quickly stood and ran away. The stream of fog that came from her lips gathered together and swayed towards the depth of the forest, side stepping the sunlit spots.

By the time she reached the cave, which she was miraculously able to find on the first try, the last puffs of mist were leaving her lips. She dashed into the entrance of the cave, screaming her lungs out to the heavens, only to walk out backwards with the giant wolf facing her.

But she had no time to be intimidated by him. Who knew what happened inside her? She was so freaked out she was about to cry.

Denise was literally shouting, "Wolf, you can't let me die like this! Just let me go. Show me the way out of this forest."

The face she made was the picture of a crying child that had been wrongly punished and needed to be pampered.

The wolf that wasn't listening to her shifted to human form, making the look of astonishment evident on his face.

He said at nearly the same time as her, "You! You're still alive! What kind of evil practice is this?"

"This thing- whatever is in this forest- Yesterday... Wuwuwu," Denise didn't know where to start. He asked about one thing and she talked about another. Then she thought of something else, "How do you avoid it? If you can't let me go, then just teach me how to avoid it."