Chapter IV

Y/N's POV

*Alarm Clock*

I groan by the sound of my obnoxious alarm clock, I kept on patting the table carelessly until I hit the off button, I slowly get out of bed at 5:30 A.M. I know very early right? Anyway, I get dressed normally and do my morning routine. My parents made breakfast for all of us which consists of portuguese sausage with pancakes, nice my favorite.

"Slept well Y/N?" My mom asked me and I nod.

"Yeah, I wish I could sleep in though." I answered her and she chuckled.

"Darling, we all wish the same thing but that's just life and you have to go to school to fulfill our family reputation we all have been part of or in charge of big businesses. Take your other cousin Jeon Jungkook for example, he was once part of the Kpop Group BTS, so are you going to follow their footsteps?" She asked me curiously but ferociously shaked my head.

"Nah, mom, that's not my thing and I don't have a good voice like they do and I don't have the looks for it." I answered her.

"Oh such lies, your voice is beautiful darling and I'm sure Francis will agree with me, just watch." She said and I playfully roll my eyes.

After breakfast was done, mom took care of the dishes and I head to my car, I get inside the drivers seat, I release the parking brake before driving off.

TIMESKIP

I finally arrive to school, I park my car in the parking lot and I get out of my vehicle, I locked my car with my keys before heading off to my morning MCJROTC class. I walked inside the compound building and was greeted by my fellow other cadets and I greet them back. I settle my stuff in the staff room, I drink up some morning hot chocolate since the room has a coffee maker which is very sweet for me and some others.

"Yo Y/N!" I hear Jackson call me and I hum.

"The director wants to see you." He said to me and I nod.

I finished my hot chocolate, threw my cup away in the trash can, I head down to the directors office and I knocked on his door a few times, standing in parade rest awaiting for his response.

"Come in!" I hear him say and I open the door, I march in and stand at attention.

"Sir, Cadet Staff Sergeant Y/N Jeon reports as ordered." I stated to him in a military manner.

"I got some big news for you and this unit Y/N." He said to me which catches my interests.

"What is it, sir, if I may ask?" I asked him.

"Our Commanding Officer, Huening Kai has recently moved out of the state and our Executive Officer Choi Beomgyu, I had to fire him because he isn't doing his job properly." He answered me which surprised me.

"So who's going to take over, sir?" I asked him.

"That would be you along with Jackson." He answered me with a smile on his face and I was shocked.

"S-Sir?" I responded to him nervously and he chuckled.

"Oh, don't be such a pantsy, I know well that you and Jackson will do a great job for this unit, your ceremony will be held afterschool, congratulations." He said to me and I was dismissed, I marched out of his office, I closed his door and I take a deep breath.

"What did the director just get me into?" I asked myself while walking back inside the staff room.

TIMESKIP

It was afterschool already, I was nervous AF because this promotion came out of nowhere and so is Jackson, in fact he looks more nervous than myself.