Chapter X

Y/N's POV

"An arranged marriage." Francis finished off which made my eyes widen.

"W-Wait, did I hear you correctly?!" I exclaimed and he nodded.

"Yes, Y/N, it's the only solution we can come up with for the time being." Francis answered me and I sighed.

"So, Karina, are you willing to do this? We are not forcing you to do this but this may be the best way to rescue your family and secure your business." Jennie said to her and Karina looked down all flustered.

We all stood in silence as we waited for Karina's answer which wasn't easy to make for her to choose since she's very uncomfortable with it, especially since the last time she's got into one.

"If it means rescuing my family from the Kwon family, then so be it. I'll do it." She answered her and she nodded.

"Very well, Y/N, are you okay with this?" My cousin asked me.

"Like she said, if it means rescuing her parents from the Kwon family and putting an end to them once and for all. I'm down for it." I answered him.

"I see, it's decided. Karina and Y/N will be signed into a business marriage and the contract will expire when the Kwon's are either dead or in prison. Is that clear?" He asked us to make sure we understood.

"Of course." Me and her answered at the same time.

"Good, I will arrange the documents. This meeting is adjourned." He announced and almost everyone left the dining table.

Me and Karina just looked at each other for a brief second before turning away with both of our faces flustered. I'm starting to have second thoughts about this but then again, if it means defeating those scumbags then it's worth it besides the contract will expire and we can go our separate ways.

"Hey, I'm just as uncomfortable as you are right now." I assured Karina and she chuckled.

"Yeah, but it's only temporary, right?" She asked me which kinda hurt my heart for some reason but I didn't really care.

"Yep, is it and we all can go back to normal." I answered her.

TIMESKIP

Two weeks have passed, so far the Kwon's have been quiet and not doing anything at the moment. I can only assume that they are setting up something. My family bought me and Karina a new house for us to stay in for ourselves. Kinda reminds me of my cousin's story but I highly doubt my arranged marriage will end up like theirs.

I'm currently in the guest room, oh yeah, I decided to let Karina sleep inside the master bedroom since we aren't comfortable to share a bed of course. I don't know why Francis came up with this idea. I'm sure there are others but the whole thing is already set up so there's nothing I can really do but agree.

I finished unpacking all of my stuff from the luggage bags I packed from my room. I also brought my M14 rifle that dad got me for my birthday. Yeah, like my cousin but he has a shotgun. I take my rifle out of its case, put it on my working table, disassemble it and clean and maintain all parts.

*knocking*

"Come in!" I replied to who I assume to be Karina that knocked on my door.

I hear the door open, turned around to see that it's Karina of course. I went back to assembling my rifle and she looked nervous which I can understand.

"Since when did you have that?" She asked me.

"My dad got it for me on my 18th birthday." I answered her and I finished putting my rifle back together then I pulled the bolt handle and released it making the bolt move forward then pulling the trigger making it a clicking noise.