Chapter 4

River's pov-

 Something's wrong with Salah and she won't talk to me about it. She's been distant and she's never distant. She won't let me hug her, cuddle her, pick her up, she won't let me touch her. Of course I'm respecting her boundaries but I don't understand why she suddenly put them up. She's never had a problem with this before.

 I've also noticed the past couple nights when I sneak in, she isn't there. I have no idea where she goes and when I try to ask her about it she blows me off. She's also started dressing differently. Don't get me wrong, she look beautiful in everything but it's not her style.

 She usually wears pastels, and cute little outfits that she's ever so proud of but lately she's been wearing black, baggy clothes. Not that there's anything wrong with that it's just not really her. 

 " Are you even listening to me?" Santiago asked. 

 " No, sorry." I replied honestly, he rolled his eyes.

 I met Santiago my freshman year and we've been friends ever since. We had an exam in one class and neither of us were prepared. So he did the only logical thing, he pulled the fire alarm. Everyone on campus was in a panic, it was beautiful. They rescheduled the test for a week later, we had an extra week to study but we still didn't and ended up flunking it. 

 Boy, did we get a lecture from Salah. We didn't just mess up our exam but apparently we also interrupted hers. 

 " I asked if you're going to the party next weekend?" he repeated himself.

 A party? Maybe I could get Salah to go with me, I miss spending time with her. 

 " I guess." I said.

 " Bring Salah, she could probably use a fun night out. She studies wayyy too much." I smiled, she does study a lot but it pays off. She's so damn smart.

 " I'll ask her. What day is it?" 

 " Friday night, after mid-terms." I nodded in understanding. She's always so stressed out during mid-terms, this'll be good for her. She'll have a fun night out, and I'll be there to make sure everything goes okay. And I'll get to spend time with her, which I haven't really been able to do the past couple of days.

 People used to joke about how we'd eventually get sick of each other but I don't think it's possible for me to get sick of her. I love everything about her, the good and the bad. 

 ___________________________________________________

 Salah's pov- 

 I decided to go with David to the gym after class. I've been going to the gym a lot these past couple of days. I usually go at night, when no ones in the gym. I don't really feel comfortable working out in front of others. 

 David suggested I start keeping track of what I eat, so I downloaded an app that tracks what you eat and how many calories you burn when you exercise. I've been able to drop ten pound in the last week but David said I could better. 

 I didn't want to tell River about me working out cause I know he'd freak out. He doesn't have a problem with me being healthy but he's worried about my asthma. I've had a few asthma attacks in the past couple of days but I always have my inhaler. 

 I'm really not supposed to exercise with my asthma but I'll do whatever I have to do to lose weight. 

 I do feel a little guilty though, I've been so caught up in myself the past few days, I've been neglecting River. Most nights when I come back from the gym he's in my room waiting for me. He keeps on asking me where I've been but I refuse to tell him, which I know pisses him off.