Chapter 25

River's pov-

My head was pounding and there was a ringing in my ears.

" Jesus fucking Christ," I groaned, rubbing my head slightly.

" Are you okay?" my dad asked, " Fucking peachy." I replied. What the fuck even happened?

I started coming back to my senses. I looked over when I felt someone against my side. I saw my other dad but then I saw something I never wanted to see again. Salah passed out, leaning against my dad.

" Holy fuck, Salah." I rushed out, " Please tell me I didn't do this." my hands were shaking, please tell me I didn't hurt her.

" I have no idea, kid. When I got there she was already on the floor, you're gonna have to ask Max." my mom said.

" Switch with me." I said to my dad, we switched seats and held Salah close to me.

Then it hit me, " Mami, je těhotná." - " Mom, she's pregnant." I said worriedly. Oh god, what if the baby is hurt? Please tell me I didn't just hurt my child.

" Jste si jistý?" - " You're sure?" she asked uneasily.

" Yes, I'm fucking sure." I snapped at her. I wasn't trying to be a dick but I was barely holding it together.

My breathing picked up and I felt like I was going to have a panic attack. I was shaking with anger and fear. " Drive faster." I gritted out and she complied.

" What's going on?" my dad asked nervously from the front seat.

" Salah's pregnant." I said, my hands tightening into fists.

My eyes immediately looked down when I felt Salah move, " Ow." she whimpered quietly.

Holy fuck balls, she's awake.

" ʻAnela, maikaʻi ʻoe?" - " Angel, are you okay?" I asked worriedly, stroking her hair.

" What happened?" she asked confusedly.

" I don't know, I think you hit your head." I answered honestly, I really had no idea about what had happened.

" Holy shit." my mom muttered. My head snapped up and my eyes widened. The hospital was on fire, people were running in every direction, trying to escape.

" Oh my god." Salah said.

My heart dropped when I saw a little boy in the window of the hospital. He was crying and banging on the window, flames circling in.

" Nui koʻu aloha iā ʻoe a hoʻi koke wau, hoʻohiki wau. Mai neʻe." - " I love you so much and I'll be right back, I promise. Don't move." I said to Salah.

" Aloha wau iā 'oe kekahi. E kali, e River ma hea ʻoe e hele ai?!" - " I love you too. Wait, River where are you going?! " she shouted as I bolted out of the car, my family yelling after me.

I ran into the hospital. I looked around the smoke filled room, I couldn't see anyone but I did see the stairs. I ran up the stairs and to the second floor, trying to find the spot where I had seen the little boy.

" Kid?! Are you up here?!" I shouted, walking through the smokey halls. I kept running around the halls until I heard crying. " Kid?!" I shouted again and the crying got louder. I followed the crying and finally spotted the small boy, only he wasn't alone.

Next to the little boy there was another little boy, unconscious on the ground. There were flames all around them. This is gonna hurt like a mother fucker. I ran through the flames, they burned my arms as I ran through them.