Chapter 29

Salah's pov-

He's taking over the family business? I'm pregnant with triplets and he wants to become a part of a mafia, a fucking mafia.

" I was g-"

" Don't, we'll discuss this later." I said. I didn't want to argue in front of the twins or his family. I'm not even sure if they all know I"m pregnant.

He nodded, he knew I was pissed. I'm pissed he agreed to this even though we're pregnant and I'm pissed I had to find out from someone other than him.

" I'm taking the twins to see my parents." I said and he nodded. " River, come here, please!" his mom shouted. He left to go see her and I turned to go see my parents.

" Salah." I stopped when Dean called my name. Dean was one of his uncles I never really knew. He wasn't home often and when he was, he was usually busy. But I know River is close with him.

" Yes?"

He walked over and hugged me, " Congratulations." he said. " Thank you." I said, hugging him back.

" I know you're mad at him but he was going to tell you. He just wanted to wait for the right time." I nodded and thanked him.

" Mom?! Dad?!" I knew they were home because I called ahead and told them I was coming. What I didn't tell them was that I had five guests with me. They still don't know about the triplets or the twins.

" Salah." My dad engulfed me in a bear hug, " We tried to get to you yesterday but we couldn't." he said, his voice full of regret. " It's okay, I'm okay." I smiled at him.

" Salah, why are there two midgets behind you?" My dad pulled out of the hug and I laughed. " This is Lincoln and Loki." I told him. " Hi guys!" my dad said in a friendly tone. Neither of them responded, they both just held onto me. I didn't realize they were this shy.

My dad shot me a questioning look, " Later." I mouthed and he nodded. " Is that my baby?!" my mom shouted, " Hi, mom!" I shouted and she came running. She nearly tackled me to the ground, " Jesus Carmen, you're gonna kill the poor kid." my dad said.

" ¡¿Estás bien?! ¿Está bien el bebé? ¡¿Por qué no contestaste tu teléfono ?! ¡Te llamé un millón de veces! ¡¿Cómo estuvo la cita con el médico ?!" - " Are you okay?! Is the baby okay?! Why didn't you answer your phone?! I called you a million times! How'd your doctor's appointment go?!" She bombarded me with questions.

" One second." I said, taking the twins' hands and leading them into the living room.

" Can you guys wait here for a few minutes?" I asked and they both nodded, completely engrossed in the kids show I had put on for them. I walked into the kitchen, my parents following behind me.

" Salah, who's kids are those?" my dad asked, " River and I's." I answered and both of my parents looked confused.

" Their dad died in the hospital fire and River rescued them. They don't have any other family and they were going to be put into foster care." I told them, " So, River and I decided to adopt them. I know it's a big responsibility but I can't let them go into foster care. They're such good kids and they've already lost both of their parents." I don't know why but I felt a little defensive. I was afraid my parents would think we made a mistake taking the twins in, even though it was anything but that. I don't regret it in the slightest.

We have the means to properly take care of them and we want to. Not to mention we're going to be parents anyway, why not add a few more to the mix.

" I think what you're doing is amazing. I was put into foster care when I was a teen and it was awful. You're right it is a big responsibility but I know you and River can handle it. I'm proud of you, baby." my mom hugged me tightly and I hugged her back just as tight.