Chapter 18

River's pov-

 I was pacing around the waiting room waiting for an update. I was absolutely fuming. I know Ben isn't responsible for his fathers actions but I can't help but feel angry with him. He should've tried to stop his father.

He could've stopped him but instead he let his father hurt her. When I get my hands on the slimy fucker I'm going to make sure he dies a slow, painful death. I want to feel his blood on my hands. I want to see the life slowly leaving his body. I want him to pay.

" River, calm down. She probably just has a concussion." Ben said which only angered me further.

" You should've helped her." I seethed.

" He would've sent his men after me and then you wouldn't have known where to find her." I knew he was right but I was too angry to care at the moment.

I was about to snap at him again when the doctor came out.

" Is she okay?" I asked, rushing towards the doctor.

" She has a minor skull fracture but thankfully there isn't any internal bleeding. We're going to keep her overnight for observation." he said.

That explains why there was so much blood, " Is she awake?" I asked.

" Not yet, it'll probably be a few hours. You're welcome to wait in her room if you'd like?" he offered and I said yes. He took me to her room and I pulled a chair up next to her.

My phone rang about half an hour later.

" Hello?" I answered drowsily.

" River? Where are you?! Are you guys okay?!" my mom rushed out worriedly.

" I'm at the hospital with Salah, she has a minor skull fracture." I told her.

" I'll call her parents, they've been worried sick. I'll see you soon." she hung up the phone.

I was exhausted. I could feel myself crashing and the adrenaline wearing off. My veins had already disappeared and I was now suffering the consequences. I leaned forward and laid my head down next to her arm. I closed my eyes and let myself drift off, not able to stay awake any longer.

I woke up and felt a hand raking through my hair, lightly scratching over my scalp. I let out a content sigh and leaned into their touch. Until I remembered where I was. I sprung up and looked around. Salah was awake and smiling at me.

" You bitch, you scared the shit out of me." I said, pulling her into a tight hug.

" Sorry." she laughed, hugging me back.

" River, I didn't kis-" I cut her off, " I know, I'm so so sorry for not listening to you. I was angry and I wasn't thinking. I let my anger get the best of me and I shouldn't have. I'm truly sorry." I said genuinely. I really did feel awful about snapping at her.

" It's okay, I forgive you as long as you'll forgive me." She's too nice. I yelled at her when she didn't deserve it, I was a complete dick.

" You have nothing to be forgiven for. But I don't want you to just forgive me. I want you to be mad, to yell, to make me work for your forgiveness. I was an ass to you." I said seriously.

" You're insane, I'm not going to yell at you or get mad. You had a reasonable reaction, I would've been pissed too." she reasoned but it didn't make me feel better. I need to make it up to her.

" Sal-" this time she cut me off, " River, it's over, we're okay, let it go." she took my hand in her and stroked her thumb over my knuckles.

" What time is it?" I asked, noticing it was already light out.