Chapter 11

River's pov-

 While Salah was getting her scans done I decided to call my mom. I don't want her traveling in this state. 

 She picked up on the first ring, " Hello?" she answered.

 " Mom." I couldn't help it as my voice broke when I called out her name.

 " River? What's wrong? Are you okay?" she asked in a panic.

 " Mom- they- they hurt her." I was trying so hard to keep it together.

 " Who?" she asked.

 I sniffled as I tried to suck it up, I cannot break down right now. I don't get to break down right now. Salah needs me, " I need you to call Salah's parents. I know Carmen's away on business but she's gotta come home. Something bad happened and Salah's hurt. They need to come here." I said, I didn't want to tell her about what happened, it's not my place. 

 " We're on our way, are you going to be okay?" she asked, I could hear her yelling orders through the phone.

 " Yeah, just please get here soon." I said,

 " I love you River, we'll be there soon, hang in there, kid." 

 " I love you too, mom." I hung up the phone.

 Salah's going to kill me.

 one hour later~

 They brought Salah back a few minutes ago and we were waiting for the doctors to come back with her results. 

 Salah was being very clingy, not that I minded. It made me feel better having her close. She was curled up in my lap, half asleep. She was so exhausted she could barely keep her eyes open. 

( Kind of how I imagine them, except they're obviously in a hospital and River isn't smiling.)

 My head was resting on top of hers as I listened to the rhythmic sound of her breathing

 My head was resting on top of hers as I listened to the rhythmic sound of her breathing. There was a soft knock at the door and the doctor entered.

 " Salah?" she asked.

 " That's us." I said.

 " Angel," I gently rubbed my hands up her arms, calmingly waking her up. Her eyes fluttered open and she let out a hum.

 " Salah, you have three broken ribs. You also have a dislocated pelvic joint, that we're going to need to pop back into place. You also have severe vaginal lacerations, truthfully it's some of the worst tearing I've seen. There's also deep bruising around your pelvis." the doctor explained as I listened intently. 

 Salah was silent as the doctor was talking, she was unresponsive. " We'd like to fix your pelvis now, if that's alright." Salah nodded and the doctor left.

 " Angel? Are you alright?" I asked, looking at her. She wasn't crying anymore, her face was blank. She nodded in response. 

 The doctor came back in and gave her pain meds to help her relax.