Chapter 13

River's pov-

 She kissed me, she actually fucking kissed me. I don't think I've ever been this happy. I can't believe she feels the same way I do. Wait, what if she doesn't? What if she only kissed my because she was upset and wanted a distraction?

 Salah wouldn't do that, would she? No, she wouldn't mess with me feelings like that, unless she still doesn't realize I have feelings for her. But how could she not know? Everyone knows, I'm not exactly great at hiding it.

 It's been two weeks since we've kissed and we haven't talked about it. I'm scared to bring it up, what if she doesn't feel the same way? What if she thinks it's weird and she doesn't want to be around me anymore? 

 I don't think I'd be able to live without her, she's always been here. She's my best friend, she's the girl I love. 

 " Riv? You in there?" she playfully tapped the side of my head.

 " Yeah, sorry." I smiled at her. We were currently on our way home for the stupid ball. Last year it was hosted in Italy but this year it's being hosted in New York. The ball isn't for another week but we wanted to spend extra time with our families.

 Salah's parents wanted her to come back home when she was assaulted but she was adamant on staying. Thankfully it's spring break so we're not missing any school, Salah would've have a conniption. 

 " The plane's landing, put on your seat belt." she ordered me.

 " Yes ma'am." I said in a mocking tone, she rolled her eyes.

 " Salah, have you picked out a dress yet?" Ben asked, he decided to fly home with us since he has to attend the ball as well.

 " No, I hate shopping." she groaned and he laughed, " We'll go tomorrow, I need a suit." he said and she reluctantly agreed.

 We finally got off the plane, it was a long ass flight. 

 Salah's parents are on a business trip and won't be back for two more days so she's staying at my place until they come back. She wanted to just stay at her house but I wouldn't let her. I don't feel comfortable with her being alone in the house, especially while she's still having nightmares.

 Most of her physical injuries have healed. She still has trouble walking some times but for the most part she's okay. After her little run in with Simone she decided not to go back to school, which I understood. 

 I had talked to my uncle and he was able to erase the video off of her phone. I then sent a few men to have a little chat with her, she won't be bothering Salah ever again or anyone for that matter. 

 She saw what they did, she knew what was happening and she did nothing. That was unacceptable so she suffered the same fate David and his friends did. Although we didn't torture her as much as we did the others.

 I smirk formed on my face when I thought about how much we made them suffer. I cut David up into little pieces until he was nothing but a pile of bloody chunks. Grey had a lot of fun with Logan, I don't know the detail but I do know Grey came out with his head in his hands. My mother did her signature move. Unfortunately my mom has had a lot of experience in torturing rapists.

 " What're you smiling about?" Salah asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. I smiled and pulled her into my lap, " Nothing you need to worry about." she looked at me skeptically before nodding.

 We finally pulled up to my uncles house. My parents were staying here while their house was being renovated. We got out of the car and made our way into the house. 

 " We're here." I yelled into the empty foyer. Within a matter of seconds there was a stampede of men rushing towards us. I quickly wrapped my arm around Salah's waist and moved her out of the way.