Chapter 10

River's pov- 

 I took a few deep breaths and tried to compose myself. I got up off the floor and walked into my bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed the vomit taste out of my mouth. I also changed into a pair of sweatpants and a black t-shirt. 

 I took a wash cloth and wet it with warm water. I then went back into the room and climbed up on the bed, pulling Salah up with me. I sat her in between my legs as I took the warm wash cloth and gently wiped the blood off of her face. 

 " We're gonna get through this, I'm going to be here every step of the way. And I promise I will never, ever let anyone hurt you again." I whispered in her ear as I cleaned her up. 

 I jumped when she suddenly started squirming around. She let out a blood curdling scream as she violently kicked at the air. 

 " GET OFF OF ME!" she screamed. It was absolutely heartbreaking to watch. 

 I tried my best to hold her still as I whispered calming things to her, " You're safe, you're here with me. No one's going to hurt you, you're okay." I soothingly stroked her hair and after a minute she calmed down and was out again.  

 This carried out through the night. Every once in a while she'd wake up in a terror, thinking she was still being assaulted and then would pass out again a minute later. It appeared to be a never ending cycle. I also got a few worried calls from neighbors and had to assure them multiple times everything was fine. 

 I was brought out of my thoughts when Salah shot up. I tensed up and prepared for her to have another episode. She was hyperventilating and clawing at her chest. I slowly moved forward and gently cupped her hands in mine, I didn't want her to hurt herself.

 I noticed that she was really struggling with breathing so I leaned over and grabbed her inhaler off of the nightstand. 

 " Open." she opened her mouth and I puffed the medicine into her mouth.  

 She was shaking and crying but her breathing seemed to improve. All I wanted was to hold her and comfort her.

 " Can I give you a hug?" I asked quietly, her head snapped my way. 

 " Yes p-please." she choked out. I slowly puller her into me, not wanting to make any sudden movements. 

 I wrapped my arms around her but was careful not to hurt her. I saw the bruises that had started forming on her stomach and ribs when I changed her. 

 I rubbed her back gently, trying to sooth her, " Everyt-thing h-hurts." she sobbed out into my chest. 

 " I know, baby, I know." 

 Jesus Christ, I  feel absolutely wrecked right now, I can't even imagine how she feels. I don't know what to do, I don't know how to help her. 

 " Do you want to talk about it?" I asked, not knowing what else to do. I knew she probably didn't want to talk about it but it was worth a shot. 

 " They hurt me." she said in barely a whisper, he tears soaking my shirt. " T-they held me down an- and they," she couldn't get through her sentence before she completely broke down again. 

 I gently rocked her back and forth. I really don't think there's anything I can say to help her right now. What they did to her was despicable and she didn't deserve it. 

 I cannot wait to get my hands on those sick fucks. I'm going to rip them limb from limb. I'm going to make them feel an unimaginable amount of pain. They're going to suffer.

 " I want to go home." she hiccuped, " To New York?" I asked and she nodded. It was understandable she probably wanted to be close to her parents.