Chapter 8

Salah's pov- 

We spent the entire week cuddled up in his apartment. Everything was great between us, he's been closely monitoring my eating and asthma. There's a party tonight that Santiago asked me about. River said he meant to ask me but completely forgot with everything that's happened.

 River doesn't want me going out tonight but I'm tired of being cooped up. Parties aren't usually my thing but what the hell. Things have been so chaotic lately, I just want to have a good time. I also really want to get fucked up. 

 " Are you sure you want to go to this thing tonight?" River asked uneasily.

 " Yes, I want to get fucked up." 

 " Great, that's just what I need, a drunk Salah. Last time you got drunk I had to chase you around the pier and you ended up passing out and falling off the pier." I pursed my lips, trying to contain my laugh as I thought about that night.

 I went out with Riggs, Santiago and Ben. Ben is another friend of River's, he's currently visiting his family back home. We went out to celebrate Ben's birthday and Ben and I ended up drinking too much. 

 Santiago and Riggs tried to contain us but our drunk selves were determined to ride all the rides on the pier. They ended up calling River and he had to leave work to come and drag me back home. I made it out with a few bruises but Ben wasn't so lucky. In his drunken state he thought it'd be a good idea to jump off the pier and go swimming. 

 Riggs had to jump in after him and drag him back to shore and then they got kicked off the beach. All in all it was a pretty good night.

 " Sorry about that." I said with a smirk and he rolled his eyes.

 " Go get ready." he huffed in defeat. I did a little dance, which made him laugh before I made a break for my closet. It was an oddly warm night, it was in the 90's today and it was in the mid 70's now.

 I landed on a white skirt with colorful flowers on it and an orange top. I wasn't sure how I wanted to wear my hair so I just threw it up in a bun. When I was ready I made my way back over to River's apartment. He was wearing a white tank top and black pants. 

 " You look stunning." he said, putting his hands on my hips.

 " You look handsome." I said, looping my arms around his waist. 

 " Can I do your hair?" he asked, twirling a loose strand of my hair between his fingers. 

 " Sure." 

 I sat down on the couch and he went around the back and started braiding my hair. River's mom taught him how to do hair when he was twelve. Throughout our childhood, he'd constantly play with my hair and when he started getting older Melina thought she's teach him how to actually do it. He was so excited he did my hair everyday for three months. 

 ( Hair&Outfits)