Chapter 28

Salah's pov-

River placed a platter of fruit onto the table.

" Do you want any fruit?" I asked Lincoln, rubbing his back. He shook his head weakly. " What do you want to eat?" I asked but got nothing in return.

Loki walked over and put his hand on his brother's back, " You have to eat." he said, mimicking my motions and rubbing his brother's back. My heart melted as the sweet and caring gesture.

River walked over, " Can I?" he asked, holding his arms out, asking for permission to pick up Lincoln.

I nodded and he tried to pick Lincoln up. Lincoln panicked and tightened his arms around my neck. He let out an ear piercing scream and his eyes looked like they were about to pop out of his head.

River immediately backed up, " Okay, okay, I'm sorry." he said, holding his hands up. Loki had backed away in fear and looked like he was about to cry. " Hey, hey, hey, don't cry. It's okay, everybody's okay." River said, picking up Loki.

Lincoln was now crying into my shoulder and he kept a death grip on me. All morning I had been feeling nauseous but now with Lincoln wrapping his arms tightly around my stomach it was so much worse. I knew I was about to puke.

" Lincoln, I need you to let go please." I asked kindly but also in a rush. I really did not want to throw up over the poor kid.

He didn't listen to me, he just squeezed me tighter, " River, you need to get him off of me." I said in a firm tone. I had about thirty seconds left before I puked everywhere.

River saw the urgency on my face. Much to Lincoln's discontent River pried him off of me. He was careful to be gentle with Lincoln. Lincoln started screaming and sobbing, having a full on meltdown. I really wanted to comfort him but I needed to puke first.

I made a dash for the bathroom, barely making it in time. I started vomiting, my throat was burning and it was making my head hurt. My eyes watered at the burning acid feeling in my throat. Being pregnant sucks.

I heard River's rushed footsteps as he quickly made his way over to me. " Are you okay?" he asked, tying my hair up for me. I flushed and wiped my mouth with a tissue.

" Is Lincoln okay?" I asked, standing up. He blocked me from leaving, " He's okay, take a minute and take a breath before you get sick again." he said and I listened, knowing he was right. Moving around makes me feel worse.

I leaned my forehead against his shoulder and took a deep breath. " We have our doctor's appointment in an hour and a half. Do you want to reschedule?" he asked and I shook my head no.

" After yesterday I need to make sure the others are okay." I said and he agreed. " What're we going to do with the twins?" he asked, " We'll bring them, I feel awful that I left Lincoln out there, I just didn't want to be sick on him." I said and River laughed. He kissed the top of my head, " It's okay, you didn't do anything wrong. Why don't you brush your teeth and then go check on him?" he said and I nodded. I needed to get the vomit taste out of my mouth.

I brushed my teeth quickly and then went to find Lincoln. I found Loki in tears outside my bedroom door, " Are you okay?" I asked, squatting down to his level. He shook his head, " He won't talk to me." he cried out.

" He's just upset right now, not with you though. Sometimes when we're upset we just need a few minutes alone to calm down." I said, giving him a hug. " Why don't you go find River? I think he's looking for you." he nodded and wandered off.

I knocked on the door, " Can I come in?" I asked. When I didn't get a response I slowly opened the door and walked in. The room was still pretty dark since the curtains were closed. When I walked in I couldn't see Lincoln and I got a little worried.