Chapter 12

Salah's pov-

 It's been three weeks since everything happened. Upon my request my parents returned home last week. It was great having them here but I was ready for life to get back to normal.

 Everyday for two weeks I went to see a therapist before deciding it just wasn't for me. What happened, happened, there's nothing I can do about it. I can't go back in time and change it. What they did to me was disgusting but it does not define me.

 I'm still Salah, I'm still here and they aren't. They didn't accomplish anything, they didn't break me. I came out on top, I came out alive, which is more than I could say for them. 

 I don't know the detail but I do know that on the second night after their arrival Melina, River, and my dad all went out. They were going for hours and when they finally came back they were covered in blood and they all had twisted smiles on their faces. 

 Much to River's dislike I decided to go back to university today. I was tired of being cooped up in his apartment. I was ready to get back to my life. The last time I left his apartment was when we went to the hospital.

 The guys have been hovering over me for the past week. As much as I love them, I needed space. River has been glued to my side, every second of everyday. Which I love but a little space wouldn't hurt.

 Ben and I also talked, he still feels extremely guilty about leaving me that night even though I made it clear to his it wasn't his fault and I didn't blame him at all. He's been staying in my apartment because he wants to be close to me. 

 It was a cold and rainy day but we decided to walk to class anyway. I was wearing River's clothes since I hadn't been to my apartment yet. I wasn't kidding when I said I hadn't left his apartment since the hospital.

 ( Outfit&Hair)

" Are you sure this is a good idea?" River asked for the millionth time this morning.

 " I'm sure, I want to take my mid terms and get them over with."