Chapter 26

Salah's pov-

" Salah? Can you hear me?" I swatted the hand away that was shining a right light into my eyes.

" What the fuck is going on?" I asked. I went to sit up, only to realize I had an IV attached to me.

" Ms. Gervais, are you aware you're eight weeks pregnant?" the doctor asked.

" I knew I was pregnant, I didn't know I was eight weeks along." I said.

" Ms. Gervais, I have some unfortunate news for you but I also have some good news." he said, taking a seat on his rolly stool.

" Okay." I said, my tone filled with uncertainty.

" Unfortunately it appears you ended up hurting yourself, maybe you fell or crashed into something. Whatever it was caused damage and I'm sorry to tell you that you lost one of your babies." he said.

One of my babies? I was carrying twins? Oh my god, one of my children is dead. I killed my child.

" The good news is that your other three babies are perfectly healthy."

I'm sorry what the fuck did he just say, " I'm sorry, what the fuck did you just say?!" I asked, completely bewildered.

" You were carrying quadruplets and now you're carrying triplets." he said, " The fall triggered the miscarriage but even without any sort of blunt force trauma, the baby still would've died. By the looks of it, the child wasn't strong enough to survive, there's nothing you could've done. Your fall simply sped up the inevitable." he said almost robotically.

I was pregnant with four babies...... I was pregnant with four babies.

I took a deep breath trying to digest everything he just told me. I felt sick, I leaned over and grabbed the first thing I could find and threw up. I felt someone pull my hair back and rub my back. I couldn't hold it back anymore as tears fell from my eyes.

" You're gonna be okay, sweetheart." I turned and saw my uncle Perseus was the one comforting me.

I turned and wrapped my arms around his waist, burying my face in his stomach. He was quick to wrap his arms around me. " It's gonna be okay," he whispered. I felt someone else come and hug me from behind.

" Deep breaths." I heard my uncle Reese say.

I continued to cry for a few minutes before I finally calmed down. " H-how did you know where I was?" I asked, pulling away from Perseus. He brought his thumb up and wiped a stray tear, " We got a call from your parents that you were taken here. They were on their way to the hospital but got stuck in the chaos so they called us to check on you." he answered.

I brought my hands up and wiped my face, wiping all the tears away. " What happened?" Levi asked, he was sitting at the foot of the bed. " I l-lost o-one of my babies." my body shuddered and started crying again.

" You just had to ask?!" Reese smacked him upside the head. " You're pregnant?" Perseus asked, taking a seat next to me on the bed. I leaned my head against his shoulder and nodded. " Where's River?" I asked, trying to compose myself.

" I don't know, sweetheart." he said, stroking my hair.

" Do you want to talk about it?" Reese was sitting on the other side of me, gently rubbing my back. I shook my head no, " I want River."

I don't know how I'm going to tell him I lost one of our babies. I don't know how to tell him we're having triplets. I just know that I want him to hold me and tell me everything is going to be okay.