Chapter 24

Salah's pov-

We're on our way to tell our families about the pregnancy. I know my parents will be supportive but I'm still nervous.

I just- I feel so rushed. I mean I found out a few days ago and we're already here telling our families. I still haven't even fully digested everything, it's all just happening so fast.

I know River's here for me and he's been great but I still can't help but feel scared. I don't think I'm ready to be a mom. I can't be more than a few weeks along and this pregnancy is already affecting me so much. I feel tired all of the time, I've started having nightmares about my unborn child. Not to mention the morning sickness is absolutely horrendous.

Everything makes me nauseous and because of that I've had no appetite. Which I'm not all that upset about. I've been bloating like crazy lately and I hate it, I look like a bloody whale. I can't even imagine how my body will look in a few months.

I love him, I swear I do but he's been up my ass since we found out we were having a baby. He's been watching my eating even closer than before not to mention our sex life has taken a turn. I understand he's worried but I read the same books he did. Most of the things he's worrying about he doesn't have to start worrying about for months.

I love that he's making such an effort for us, I truly do. But I wish he would stop treating me as if I was made of glass. All the reading he's done has put him on guard. Like yesterday when we got to uncle Jack's and we had to climb the stairs. He offered not only to carry my bags up the stairs but me. He didn't want me to exert myself, which is really sweet but also over the top.

I know he's just worried but his hovering isn't helping. I mean he's not the only one that's scared. Even though he's been getting on my nerves a bit I'm going to try and just deal with it. He's been putting up with my bitchiness for the past few days so I owe him.

Pregnancy is kind of like being on your period for nine months, minus the blood. Your hormones are all over the place, you get cravings, you're tired, your boobs hurt, you're bloated. It sucks, it really sucks but I know it'll be worth it.

Yes, I'm scared but I'm also excited. Though I don't exactly feel ready I'm happy I'm going to be a mom, that we're going to be parents. I know River is going to make an amazing dad and hopefully I'll make an amazing mom. I'm going to love this baby with everything in me, I already do. I cannot wait to meet my son or daughter.

Is it bad that I want a boy? At first I wanted a girl but after the nightmares I've had I changed my mind. I just- it scares me that she'll go through the same thing I did. That what's happening in my nightmares will come true.

" Are you ready?" River asked as we pulled into my parents driveway. We're going to tell my parents first and then River's. I nodded and we got out of the car. I took my sweet ass time walking up to the door. I took my key and unlocked the door and we let ourselves in.

" Mom?! Dad?!" I shouted. We didn't tell our parents we were coming, we wanted to surprise them. We also knew they'd be suspicious of our sudden trip to visit them.

" Salah?! Is that you?!" my mom shouted. A second later both of my parents came running out of the kitchen.

" Our baby!" my parents shouted, running towards me. I laughed and hugged them, " Hey guys." I said.

" What're you doing here?" my mom asked, a look of shock on her face. " We came to visit you guys and we have some news for you." I said. She cocked her head questioningly at me.

" Well it's nice to see you guys, how're you River?" my mom asked, walking over to hug River. He smiled and hugged her back, " I'm great, how've you been?" he asked politely.