"Not Yet" -France & England-

Crunch crunch

Arthur crouched behind the corner of a torn down shop. It didn't provide a lot of cover, but just enough to watch the approaching biter. Biters. That's what he called the undead. The living dead who feasts off human flesh and brain. Gross, huh? Arthur thought so too as he narrowed his eyes at the approaching killer. It was less than four meters away from him, coming closer by the second. Raising a stolen handgun he found in a police vehicle, he pointed the barrel straight at the biter's head. Almost... there...

Bang

The biter fell to the ground, once again being sent into death's hands. Arthur recoiled at the sight of its rotting blood and insides oozing out of the bullet hole in its head. A disgusting sight that he would soon learn to live with. The world around was left in silence once more, the sound of the wind blowing by as the only thing that broke the silence. The Brit let out a sigh and slid down the wall, exhausted.

Day... 67, was it? Since this whole nightmare began.

Arthur chuckled bitterly, propping up his elbows on his knees while burying his face in his filthy hands. They had already been caked with dirt and dried blood, not necessarily his blood. At the start, he kept track of how many biters he killed. After the fortieth biter, he lost interest in counting.

This new world was interesting to him. Normal people would find this as a horror film or a living nightmare, but Arthur thought different. Yes, for centuries of being surrounded by magical, unusual creatures probably influenced his outlook on this 'end of the world'. The undead intrigued him, but not to the point where he wanted to do further investigation and testing on them. Hell no. He wasn't stupid.

"God, I hate doing this..." The Englishman mumbled, looking down at his gun.

"If you hate it so much, why didn't you use the knife I gave you?" A silky voice came from around the corner, startling Arthur. Jumping back onto his feet, he whipped around to see Francis walking towards him. His usually well-cleaned blonde hair fell at his shoulders in matted dirty knots. Those fashionable French clothes he so often wore were replaced by a dull red jacket, white t-shirt, and jeans. If they weren't in the midst of a zombie apocalypse, Francis would have had a mental breakdown in being seen in such clothes.

"I didn't want to get up close and personal with the damn thing." Arthur replied, frowning up at the Frenchman. Francis nodded silently and stood beside his British partner.

"I didn't find them." Francis said into the stillness. He had answered Arthur's question before he even thought them, nonetheless spoke them.

"I see..." Arthur said sadly, looking down. Ever since the start of the whole apocalypse, Arthur and Francis had searched frantically and worriedly for none other than Alfred and Matthew. They both were in North America at the time, living in their own countries. However, word from Brazil had come to them saying that they were not at their homes during the start. Their whereabouts are unknown.

"We'll find them." Francis whispered in a soothing tone. "They will find us, or we will find them. So don't worry, mon chérie." He put a gentle arm around Arthur, and Arthur gratefully leaned into his embrace. He was terribly worried about Alfred and... and Matthew). He would do anything, literally anything, to see them both again. Just to know that they are safe.

"We should head back." Arthur mumbled. "It'll be dark soon. Plus, we have to rest up to continue our journey to Berlin. We still have loads of miles to take care of."

Right before the start of the apocalypse, there was a world meeting. Everyone had sensed a strange feeling amongst their lands and people. So, that's when Germany decided to set up a plan for if anything went wrong. He ordered that if anything were to go wrong that led to total world destruction, was that everyone should meet up at his capital, Berlin. They all knew that everyone had to be brought together in case of any emergencies. That was the first meeting where all countries agreed with each other.

Arthur and Francis were at the very southern part of France, far away from Berlin. At the start of the apocalypse, they both vowed to do their best to reach Berlin and search everywhere they passed for their missing loved ones. Just the thought of not knowing where the hero and maple leaf were at made them constantly fear for them. They had no knowledge of if they're living or dead nor if they're safe or not. Either way, they knew they must find them, no matter what it took.

"Ready?" Francis asked holding out his hand. Arthur stared at it for a second before slowly taking the offered hand.

"Yes, let's go."

_____________________
A/N: Okay, I just want to explain about future chapters. Each chapter will be about a certain group. For example, this one was about France and England. So, just a heads up on how chapters will be set-up and what they'll be about.

Now, I'll be nice and give you a list of some of the characters that I will be shown in this story.
(Of course, I can't give out all since a few are surprises, heh)

France & England
Russia & China
Germany & Italy & Japan
Romano & Spain

So, with that said, I hope you enjoy my story!