"Unspoken History" -FACE family-

"Alfred and I were in New York during the outbreak."

Matthew began unveiling the mystery behind his and Alfred's whereabouts and history during the apocalypse. Arthur sat intently where he was on the truck bed, listening to everything the other was saying.

 "That's a horrible place to be during that time since it's so populated and it's hard to travel anywhere. At first, we were all set to stay there in the states or even go up to my country to hide out since that was the best idea to do at the moment. However, Alfred reminded me that Ludwig had informed us to go to Berlin if anything happened. Luckily, we managed to get on a military boat to take us to Europe.

"There were other Americans and some Canadians on the ship along with us. So, it could of been a rescue ship now that I thought about it. The exact details of the trip are a blur when I try to recall.. Whatever it was, it was still a well packed ship. Alfred and I bunked in with a dozen of other people in the dorms or whatever it's called. The beds were thin and closely stacked which made sleeping feel like a coffin. Alfred, of course, tried to make the best of the situation and pretended that we were on some superhero ship sailing off to adventure.

"We rode on the ship for three days without any problems. We didn't really talk to anyone there- then again, there wasn't much conversation with anyone in the ship. The only talk made was the brief announcements on the intercom from the captain. It was pretty much smooth sailing in the beginning which made the two of us feel better about it. At the start, we were both confused and concerned but, surprisingly, not scared. You know, we've all been in sudden, threatening situations before so we weren't alarmed too much by this.

"Anyways, as the next few days came around, talk started to happen. People in the ship had slowly come to realize and bring up the fact that we were those 'special goverment freaks who are the personified versions of their country'. Everyone suddenly turned to us and demanded explanations. They demanded what was happening, why it was, will it end, and countless others. Maybe it was the stress, maybe it was the grief, maybe it was anger- but everyone was so hateful and rude to us when we didn't have an explanation. Alfred tried to urge the fact that all will be well with those on board and tried to keep order but that was no help. No one would believe us when we told them we couldn't help and we were as clueless as them.

Matthew paused for a moment, licking his lips anxiously as the memory played out.

"That's... That's when they turned on us. The ordinary humans and citizens of our countries. They started seeing us as the enemy. They made claims that the whole break out was our fault. That we were the reason why this was happening and we refused to tell them why."

"You monsterous experiments always keep secrets from your people! It always ends up with us at the suffering end of the stick!"

"They dragged us out of our dorms and made us stay in these small rooms below. I had a room and Alfred had one. There was a small window connecting the both of us so that was how we were able to barely communicate. I could still feel the cold metal walls.."

A brief silence settled down before Matthew shook his head out of those thoughts to return back to the story.

"I had no idea what they were going to do to us. Maybe they were going to question us, maybe they were going to hold us hostage. Who knew. Anything could be possible at that moment. We were kept in those rooms without any word for a whole night. No food. No social contact. Nothing. It wasn't until morning- or at least I think it was morning- we were awoken by two fairly well built men.

"They dragged us out again, but this time in handcuffs. I was pushed out first then Alfred. While we walked up the steep steps inside the ship, I could still remember the looks passed on between the two of us. At the time, I was nervous and scared of what would happen. Alfred was, as he used to be, strong throughout it all and showed no sign of fear. I guess the men noticed that about him.. Maybe that's why they.."