"Rest" -Berlin-

The added footsteps upon the long hallways were given mixed emotions. Were they a good addition to the building or were they only weighing it down? Surely, at the start, it would've been greeted by cheers and laughter and praise. Of course, that was how they were greeted, it just wasn't the same.

Ludwig paced his study anxiously, looking at the countless books opened on their backs on the floor. Scribbles of notes and theories littered every part of the blank space between and besid the numerous paragraphs on the pages. Not one of them a clear solution to end this world wide disaster. Was this an epidemic? Was this a new gene that was made only in the recent generations? Was this an experiment gone wrong that spread onto everyone else? Was this a gasly chemical that's inescapable? Was this even curable?

"Damn it." The German grunted, slamming his fist down on his desk as he closed his eyes. Every time conflict arose in the world, he always did his best to fix it. Even if he wasn't a part of it, silently he would try and find a solution. Solving every problem he could was a habit of his and something he was good at. So when he had no clue what to do, it didn't satisfy him at all.

After wasting an hour on looking over his useless notes, he decided to take a walk through of the building. Newcomers had arrived so, as a good host (even though that meant nothing now), he should check up on them.

Ludwig strolled down the empty hallways, observing everything in sight. The walls were still intact. The floors were semi clean despite the dirt spots that clustered some corners of the rug. Silence coated the walls and sights around him. A common sight and sound.

He stopped at a door to his left which was already ajar. Voices were muffled inside but they were calm so no need to worry. Ludwig pushed the door open slowly and stepped inside.

"What? Me? Hell no. I've never resorted to drinking my piss. Damn, what the hell have you been doing, Toni?"

Mathias was sitting on a bed with fresh bandages wrapped tightly around his torso. He was smiling over at the Spaniard who threw away his old bandages in a nearby trash bin. Berwald was on the other side of the room reading a book from one of the shelves provided for them. It's been two days since they arrived.

"Someone! Help! Answer me, please!" A cry outside the door was made, catching Gilbert's attention. He rushed to the front entrance, pushing open the door. A tall male stumbled in whilst carrying a bleeding other with a bullet wound deep in his side.

When in the little fight with Tino before he was killed, Tino had shot Mathias in the side. It was a drastic injury Berwald knew it was dire that he was tended to. So, when the other blacked out, he rushed him into the car he found and drove at full speed to Berlin. The Danish male was on the brink of life and death when they arrived and it was unpredictable at the time if they made it or not.

Of course, Mathias was tended to greatly. Antonio and Gilbert had taken him in and mended to his injury and kept him well.

"Well, you never know what someone might do." Antonio responded, a tiny smile upturning the corners of his mouth. "I once ran into a man that said he had every member of his group pee in a jar and they all took turns drinking from it." Mathias mimicked a sick face and shook his head.

"That's gross. So glad I never had to give in to that."

Berwald looked over at Ludwig and nodded, giving a sign that everything was all right here. That was obvious. He was glad to see Mathias was doing well and got Antonio to lighten up.

After seeing all was well in that room, Ludwig exited and continued to make his way down the hall. It's times like this where he need a break from the study. No, he wasn't still looking for a cure. He knew what to do to end this whole thing. He had found that out months ago. However, that didn't mean his search was over. The resolution he discovered to everything was something he didn't want to do for everyone or have everyone do for each other. It was too much and he didn't want to put anyone into that situation. It was a horrible solution that would only be seen as the last resort. So, he continued to find another plan. Another conclusion to this whole apocalypse... But, seeing how it was getting no where, this one horrid resolution might be the only one.