"Welcome" -Sweden & Finland-

Tino and Berwald remained in that shop for a few days. It was a pretty good place to be cooped up in considering there were still supplies inside and a good, well put up perimeter. No massive swarm of biters came along to make them double think the safety of the place so they decided to remain where they were.

Tino hadn't resorted back to his broken state, much to Berwald thankfulness. He didn't want to fight for the real Tino back and, fortunately, Tino hadn't gone back down. He remained well in demeanor and just fragile in the mind.

"Berwald.." the Finnish male said slowly. They were both sitting on the shop floor while picking away at half a loaf of stale bread they found. He was peering out the window, his eyes locking onto someone gradually coming closer. Who was it? The way they walked wasn't like a biter. They had no limp or inhuman body movements. They were walking up right and in a straight direction towards the shop. Their physical appearance looked like a man and he did not look to be walking slow. Actually, he was walking pretty quick. "Berwald. Look outside."

The Swedish man looked out the window and he, too, saw the approaching man. Without hesitating, he grabbed his hand gun and dashed over to the window. "Get down."

"Do they look dangerous?"

"Can't tell."

"Are they armed?"

"Yes. Gun over their shoulder, but they don't have it up."

The man outside continued walking towards the shop, obviously unaware of the two men spotting him out. As he drew closer, clearer details could be seen on him. The guy had blonde hair draping down half of his face and the other half having it tucked behind his ear. A spot of blue could be seen glinting in his eyes. Expression wise, he appeared very worn down.. almost out of it. The more he came closer, the more he could be deciphered.

Berwald looked over at Tino. "He doesn't look like a threat. I don't think he even sees us."

Tino walked over to the window and glanced at the Swedish male for a second. "Still, keep your eye on him to make sure. This might be a little plan he has in mind."

You could never be too relaxed in an apocalypse. Unpredictable events and actions happen every second. There is never a 'safe point'. Those points don't exist anymore. You could be cooped up in the world's most secure place and have endless food supply and everything to keep you healthy and well, but you still aren't in the clear. Anything can happen now. In that perfect place, there could be clever intruders. If you were alone, you could be driven insane by the silence of solitude. If you were with someone, they could turn on you at any time. Freedom rings in the apocalypse. Sometimes having too much freedom is the real threat.

"He's gone." Berwald exclaimed, eyes widening. He turned back to the window to find the man out of sight. It was like he just disappeared into the thin air. There was no dragging shadow or signs of where he might have went. It was almost as if he was a mere illu-

Click

"Turn around."

Tino and Berwald both stiffened as they heard a low voice growl a command at them. The sound of a gun being held up could be heard. Well, here's a perfect example of letting down any guard.

Slowly, the two men turned around to face the bearer of the voice. Tino stared at the man, his eyes widening. Dirty blonde hair draping over the right eye whilst the other eye was clear with the other hair tucked behind his ear. Deep blue eyes hardened by his blank expression. Pale skin frequently blotched with bruises and dried up blood. Tino never knew what happened to him. Him and Berwald were at home with... the boy... during the breakout. They had just assumed he died, but hoped he was still alive with the rest. Well, their hopes came true.

"M-Mathias?!" Tino exclaimed with surprise, almost joyful to see the Danish man again. Mathias frowned a bit, cocking his head to his left at what was said.

"How do you know my name?" He questioned, still holding up the gun towards the Finnish male. Tino blinked, looking a bit confused.

"Mathias, it's me. Tino." He said slowly then nodding his head over. "It's Tino and Berwald. Remember us?" Mathias stared at the two with a pure look of confusion before all of it washing away with a look of shock. Tears welled up in his blue eyes as the realization of the two people in front of him came back.

"T-Tino..! B-Berwald..! It really is you guys." Mathias cried, lowering his gun. Immediately, he pulled the two into a tight hug. Berwald chuckled softly as he felt his eyes water. Tino's breathing hitched at the hug but he, surprisingly, managed to relax in the embrace.

It'd been so long since they've socialized with someone they knew. Actually, it'd been a while since they socialized with any living person. But, being with someone they actually knew meant a lot more than just a random person. This was Mathias. This was someone that connected with them before the new world.

After a moment of hugging and all that loving shit, Mathias let go and looked at the two with a huge grin on his face. Now, his appearance was much more visible now. There was a faint cut across his left cheek where his hair didn't curtain over. His clothes were ragged and extremely worn out. The usual appearance of one during the apocalypse. However, there was one thing that stood out upon the Danish male that was specific to him alone. A silver cross clip gleamed on his hair that was tucked behind his ear. There was a small hue of red coming off of it but it was hard to tell by the bad lit room.

Tino took note of the Norwegian clip but chose not to bring it up... at least, not right now. Instead he forced a smile, which was only half forced, and looked at Mathias.

"How are you?"

Mathias chuckled, a flicker of sorrow crossing his eyes but almost disappearing as quick as it came.

"Who even knows anymore in this world. But, I'm good now. I got some family back. That's more than I could ever ask for."

_____________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: Sorry if this chapter was kind of a bore or just kinda sucks. I couldn't find an interesting way of bringing up Denmark and I'm too eager with writing the next chapter ;u;

Anyways,

Please leave me your feedback in the comments/reviews! I love hearing them and they encourage me to keep writing!