"So Close" -France & England-

Snip snip

The sound of a pair of scissors echoed across the still room. Arthur closed his eyes as Francis' gentle fingers brushed away some of his hair. The Frenchman was, just like how he always did, cutting the Briton's hair. A mere trimming, nothing that fancy. The "word" fancy didn't really hold any meaning in the world now. It was simply a word, nothing else.

Arthur winced softly when Francis cut a tuft of hair from his bangs. "Did I hurt you, mon Cher?" He questioned, putting a pause on his cutting. The Briton shook his head.

"No... You didn't hurt me at all." Arthur mumbled, lowering his head. "It's just... The last time you did this was when I came home drunk." The Brit paused as a sad smile curled his lips. "You were worried and sitting at the kitchen table since it was extremely late. I was being an idiot and rambled on about who knows what that night."

Francis smiled nostalgically, the memory of that night coming into his mind. It seemed so long ago and so much had changed since then...

"I ended up falling into one of the kitchen chairs, sobbing hysterically because I was remembering what I said to you the night prior. We always argued back then..."Arthur sighed, eyes dulling as the memory played out like an old black-and-white movie. "You had come up behind me where I sat and gently stroked my hair, telling me it was alright and you didn't take anything personally. Nonetheless, I continued to cry like a baby while you continued to comfort me... A-And, you whispered your loving words-" Arthur's voice cracked as he recalled, his eyes growing glossy with tears.

"I whispered, 'Je T'aime, Arthur. Nothing you can say will wound nor hurt me and my heart. My love for you is forevermore and nothing can change that. I'm yours forever, until this old heart ceases to beat.'" Francis finished Arthur's talk, smiling softly as he began to cut away at his hair again. "I remember that night very well. After your little crying scene, you randomly begged me to cut your hair just like how I did when you were younger. At that time, your hair was a neater mess than the mess you have on now." Francis let out a light chuckle. Arthur remained where he sat, staring downwards at his lap.

Both had different ways of dealing with change and past memories. Francis embraced them and enjoyed looking back at the good times and having those old feelings reborn once more. Arthur, on the other hand, didn't enjoy the thought of looking back. Looking back drew out pain and aching for the past. It reminded him of how horrible life was now and how he had no idea where his family is (as in Alfred and Matthew) and how he would never be able to revisit those grand times back when everything was good.

Thud Thud

Growls and noises from the undead were made clear by the front door, their voices muffled through the solid wood. The Briton flinched at the sound, cringing as it rang in his ears. He hated that sound. He hated biters. He hated the world he lived in now. He wanted it all to go back to where it was. Francis sighed and set down his rusty scissors beside Arthur's feet.

"I'll go get rid of them." The Frenchman said reassuringly, looking over at the Englishman. "It sounds like one so it'll be over before you know it." Arthur nodded slowly, narrowing eyes over at the door. Francis pulled out his trusty knife from his back pocket and walked towards the entrance. He'd killed so many biters now that the thought of killing another one was like nothing. It was like someone having to kill a spider and not thinking back at it when it was over.

He made it towards the door and opened it up, expecting to see one biter. What he received was completely different. When Francis revealed the outside, about five biters came growling and snapping their jaws at him.

"A-Arthur, move away!" Francis shouted, attempting to shut the door to no avail. The biters already had their arms and faces outstretched through the crack of the door. They wanted to get in and Francis knew that they might have their way. Arthur jumped up from his seat, eyes narrowing.