"You There?" -Sweden & Finland-

They had made it out of the forest they were currently at safely and found a nearby suburb. As expected, it was vacant and no living life could be seen. Well, that is from the naked eye from the outskirts. Berwald had a feeling there was life, whether it be pure or tainted with death, but was unable to point out where exactly. So, he just kept up his guard as Tino took the lead.

He hadn't spoken much since he previous breakdown. A dirtied fabric was tied around his hand he had cut from his knife. They'd run out of bandages so Berwald had to make the best of it. It was merely the tearing of the side of his flannel. Tino didn't complain about it; he had no need to. His mind was elsewhere and had no room to fuss over a substitute for a bandage. Thoughts and flashes of the tragic story he cried out that night still ran through his mind, much to his misfortune. The more he thought about it, the more his sanity slipped from his grasp.

The Finnish man gripped his gun tightly as him and Berwald began to walk down the empty streets of a neighbourhood. The doors of each house were open for anyone to walk through. However, whether the interior was safe or not was up to the risk of those who dare go in. Berwald thought it was best they don't make hasty decisions on where to go but he had no say in the matter. Tino takes lead, that was how it was at the moment.

"Let's go in there." Tino pointed over to the perimeter of the neighbourhood. There was a lone shop by the corner that bordered a road that went down to other shops and other local buildings. It was a small building with one story. There was some area on the roof to climb up to, but that it wasn't that visible due to some metal fencing along the sides. Obviously, the person who occupied this last had an odd way of designing things.

Berwald nodded and followed Tino over to the shop. The door was scratched and loosely connected to its hinges. The Finnish man peered inside and once seeing how it was safe motioned Berwald to follow him in.

Inside, was something like a mini mart. There was a counter in the back and little racks here and there. Food and trinkets were scarce since others had already raided the place, but there were a few leftovers here and there. Tino shut the door, disregarding the slamming, and began to look around quietly.

"We can set up camp here for the day," he said dully, "It's secure, from what it seems. There's food and water here too so..." The male trailed off, feeling no need to continue. It was obvious around the shop already and Berwald had picked up what he was observing.

"Let's rest." The Swedish man said softly, motioning over to a chair in the corner of the shop. Of course, he took a seat on the floor beside the chair, letting Tino sit in comfort. Tino took the seat without a word and looked down at his knees.

The two sat in silence once more, each in their own thoughts.

Berwald casted his gaze to his dirtied hands. What do I have to do to get Tino back? This person... It's not him. I refuse to believe this to be him. I miss his smile and cheerful glow. The happiness in him seems nonexistent. That isn't how Tino is. Tino is always smiling and doing good for everyone, especially to himself. But... That isn't so now. None of that is how it is now. I need to get Tino back before it's too late. But... how? Time is running out, I can tell.

Tino's eyes stared unblinking at his ripped jeans and bloodied hand. My fault. My fault. It's all my fault. Peter. He's dead. He's dead. I killed him. I'm the cause. He's dead. I killed him. I killed him. My fault. My fault. I'm breaking. My head hurts. I deserved this. I deserve it all. I killed our son. Peter. Peter. Peter-

"We wish you a merry Christmas.." Berwald mumbled softly in a gentle tune. Tino flinched. It wasn't even Christmas, why was he singing Christmas carols?

"Berwald, what are you-"

"We wish you a merry Christmas. We wish you a merry Christmas, and a happy new year." The man continued, a little smile tugging at his lips. Tino stared at him for a while, a conflicted look in his eyes. Oh, he could never resist a good Christmas song, no matter what the season was.

"Good tidings we bring... for you and your kin." Tino continued very quietly. Berwald looked over at him, surprised. His smile increased as the male sang on. "Good tidings for Christmas, and a Happy New Years."

Berwald chuckled lightly, taking the Finnish's man's hand into his own. Christmas carols always lightened the male's spirits no matter what. It could be Halloween and they would be singing Jingle Bells like it was at the appropriate time to sing that. Even now, the carols showed a sign through the Finnish man. Tino held Berwald's hand back slightly and continued to hum the jolly tune under his breath.

Yes, this was the Tino that Berwald missed. The man who could never resist a good holiday song. The man who returned his hand holds. The man who showed rays of joy, even if it was incredibly slight. This was the first time in a very long time since he saw this in the small male. Why, he couldn't trace back to when he last saw the true Tino. Oh, how long it has been.

"I missed you." Berwald mumbled, cautious of losing him again. Luckily, he didn't. Tino glanced up at the male and blinked. His face remained of that sorrow filled expression, however his eyes, for once, gave off a shine. A sign of life. Oh, how long it has been.

Tino nodded silently, not verbally answering back to the statement made. He tightened their hand hold slightly, a warmth passing through them. It wasn't an empty hand hold. It had meaning. It was intentional and initiated by both people. It wasn't just Berwald trying to please Tino in hopes of him returning. He actually returned it with equal love and comfort. Oh, how long it had been.

"Berwald..." Tino said softly, blinking once more before looking back at him. There were words he needed to say before he lost himself once more. Now the slightest bit of life and his old self came back, there were things needed to be said. "What happened back there.. I'm sorry."

In 'back there', Berwald couldn't tell if he meant when he had his breakdown or Peter's incident. Nonetheless, he just shook his head and rubbed his hand reassuringly, trying to tell him silently that it was okay.

"I wasn't myself." Tino continued, closing his eyes so he didn't stare down at his bloodied pants. "I just... Peter... I truly believed it was my fault, and still do. I do. I was supposed to watch him, but I turned away. What you've said.. How you've been trying to help me. I just wanted to say thank you. I know, I've never thanked back there, but I am now. I appreciate all you've done. Your words you've been saying never left my mind." He sighed softly, his expression relaxing slightly from his sorrow expression. "The past is past... right? I vaguely remember you mentioning that. What's happened can't be changed. It just... happened. So, why keep that holding us back from progressing forward? Why live in the past when it's over?"

Berwald looked over at him, the little smile staying on his lips. This was Tino. This was the man he had tried many days and weeks trying to revive. He was back. He was finally back. All of those words and actions towards him made a mark and actually brought him back. Tino noticed the joy in Berwald's eyes for he let out a little chuckle.

"Let's start this journey again, okay? We still have to get to Berlin." Tino said, his own lips breaking into a tiny smile. Berwald chuckled as well.

"Let's."

He's back.

______________________________

Author's Note:

Sorry for the late update. I've had personal issues come up so that's set me back when it came to writing. I'm going to try and update faster, but I'm not making any promises. Again, sorry.

Also, I've decided to drop the Ivan part of this story because I simply have no idea what to do with his chapters. I'll have him and Toris show up again, possible, in the latter parts of the story. But there won't be any chapter specifically for them.

Another thing, there is a small chance this might turn into a FrUk/FACE based story since in starting to get more inspiration for that.

Anyways, please leave your feedback in the comments/reviews! I love hearing them!