"Waiting"

He stared outside the window, his hazel eyes scanning over the terrain. The black metal gate was locked tight and wasn't opening any time soon- unless someone came along. The stone walls were damp from the rain the previous night and gleamed in the midday sunlight. Tiny blue flowers alligned with the pathway that led up to the barricaded building. It was the usual sight to see, which gave him an unpleasant feeling in his stomach. Would this change? Or was this going to continuously go on till time stops?

Feliciano sighed and stepped back from the window, turning to look down the hall he had taken a stop at. There was no sound inside. No music, no voices. Nothing. Of course, that could be just because he was on the upper floor and there were others on the bottom floor. However, that didn't change. Even in a room with everyone who was currently here it was quiet. Silence was the music nowadays. Silence was the nature. Silence was the topic of conversation. Silence was everything.

"Feliciano." The Italian jumped slightly when his name was called. He glanced over to see Antonio standing outside his bedroom door. They all had their own room in this building. Germany's world meeting place was quite big. At the start of it all, Ludwig had gathered as many nations he could find and hid them here. This was the nation's safe haven. Every nation was informed to report here at the start and, so far, only few had made it here.

"Yes?" Feliciano replied, looking at the other blankly. No smiles were exchanged.

"Ludwig wanted me to get you. He says he needs to talk to you." The Spanish male said while scratching the side of his face. A fresh scar from the corner of his right eye down to the corner of his mouth could be seen- how it was acquired was still a mystery to everyone. Antonio never told them what happened. He just arrived at their doorstep weak and hungry and alone with no explanation for his whereabouts or his appearance.

Feliciano nodded and moved past the other silently as he made his way to Ludwig's study. The German always was cooped up in the small library/office in the building. He was constantly looking for answers and tactics to do during this apocalypse.

As he walked, Feliciano briefly glanced through the open rooms leading down into the study. Rodriech was sitting in the dining room absentmindedly picking at the untouched utensils. In the lounge, Gilbert was lying on his back on a couch. He was sleeping which was a little surprising to Feliciano since the Prussian never did sleep nowadays.

Those were the only nations alive in the house. The only ones who made it or were present at the safe haven during this horrid time. Ludwig and Feliciano were here from the start- which was pretty obvious since they were always together no matter what. Gilbert joined them about a month after everything broke out, alone. Then, after a few months, came a disheveled Rodriech with a stare only scarred and traumatized children would bare. The last to arrive was Antonio who, also, came on his own and with an untold story painted on the marks on his face. Every day they anxiously wait to see who's next, if anyone ever does, come up their doorstep.

"Ludwig? You called for me?" Feliciano peered into the study, his eyes darting about for the German. The tall blonde was sitting at a small desk with a couple dozen books stacked upon it. The other was sleep deprived and appeared stressed as he turned to face his partner.

"Yes, yes. I did." Ludwig mumbled, running a hand through his messy hair. "I wanted a check up on everyone here. And to let you know that I feel like I'm coming closer to establishing a way to live in this whole environment."

Feliciano was Ludwig's eyes in the house. Of course, Ludwig was in charge here since it was his home and that was the position he always held, but a majority of his time was locked away in the study. He made it his duty to educate and plan out strategies and ideas of how to get the world back into order and to save everyone if possible. (Do not confuse this act as heroic. In times like this, there is no heroism. There is only surviving.) So, he kept Feliciano as his look out and observer. He kept him up to date on how everyone was, any new arrivals, or if anything stirs the silence.