"Here?" -Finland, Denmark-

How nice would it be to have a silent night? A peaceful night with nothing to stir its purity. A night where all dreams that came were calming and soothing to the mind. A night where you could let down all defensive boundaries because you genuinely feel safe. A night with no worries, no danger. A night like that seems perfect, right? However, that being said, what follows a perfect night is a perplexed morning. 'Cause no night could simply be that perfect, especially in the apolocalypse.

Tino woke up abruptly, his eyes widening as he looked around his resting spot. There was no sound to wake him nor any one that stirred him awake from his sleep. It was more like a sudden thought that jolted him awake. Blinking away his last strands of sleepiness, he looked about the shop. Mathias was curled up in a fetal position where he fell asleep the night previously. He was obviously still asleep. Next to the Dane was a laid out coat.

Suspicion rising in him, Tino crawled over to the coat. It was Berwald's coat. He usually slept on it every night when they would go to sleep. However, as the male came closer to it he noticed how smooth it was. There were no wrinkles or weight imprinted creases on it. Of course this could mean that Berwald had smoothed it out and had already awoken but the balance of probability said otherwise if looking at other conclusions.

"Mathias." The Finnish man whispered over to the sleeping blond. Mathias shifted a bit before slowly pushing himself up in a sitting position.

"Yeah? What is it?"

"Did Berwald come back last night? He said he was going to look around to see if it was safe to sleep... Did he come back?"

Tino's eyes were hard and coated with concern and a hint of anxiousness. The last thing he could remember was seeing the taller other walk out for a quick perimeter walk. He couldn't recall seeing or hearing the other return.

What if he's gone? Did he leave? What if something happened— no. No, don't think that. This is Berald we're talking about. He wouldn't be hurt. That can't happen. That's not like him.

"No, I don't remember him coming back." Mathias responded, looking at the vacant sleeping area with the same concern. A silence filled the room as his answer settled into Tino's mind. Tino blinked almost robotically as he felt his mind work furiously while his stomach turned uncomfortably.

Oh no. This wasn't good. Tino felt his heart race as he stared down at the jacket, his eyes now glistening with fear and... He felt his breathing pick up as everything around him seemed to flicker in and out of focus. Dad! Help! Stop. P-Peter! Stay alive, I'm right here. Not again. Your fault. Shut up. You killed him. No. And look here. Now he's going to die too. Please. Your fault!

"Let's find him." Tino blurted out hastily, jumping to his feet before Mathias could oppose or agree. Mathias blinked, a bit surprised at his quickness and change of tone. He seemed so soldier-like now. His whole demenor had changed in a second and a look of brokenness shined through his eyes. Mathias couldn't tell whether this was a good sign or not. Nonetheless, he followed the Finnish male outside.

Outside was still. There were no biters seen at first and the roads around were bare. The only noticeable movement was the newspaper flying through the low breeze in the air. The sun was just rising from the east, casting long shadows from the stationary cars and debris from other buildings. There was no other life seen. Mathias shuddered at the stillness of everything. It chilled his bones at how the world looked as if it were frozen in time and he was damned into it.

Tino hunched over a bit as he examined the ground around the shop. There had to be something, anything, that could tell them where he went. Of course, the most logical solution would be to call out his name and see if he responds. But this was the apocalypse. Calling out a name could only make matters worse. Noise awoke danger and that was something that was trying to be avoided in this situation. So, it was best to search in silence. That didn't help Tino. The longer he looked about the more anxious he got. His thoughts grew louder at every passing seconds, causing him to wince and flinch every now and then.