"I'm Sorry, Dearly Beloved"

Do you realize how much the world could change in just the blink of an eye? Think about it. One moment, everything is fine. A second passes and all is lost. So many things could happen in an instant. A gun shot could take a life. A miscalculation could cause two planes to collide. One wrong step and someone could trip into the street. A hasty decision could be made and start a nasty addiction. An answer could be made that changes everything. So many things could happen.

Cherish the present. Don't wish to be in the past and don't focus solely on the future. Focus on what's happening now because soon you'll find yourself regretting ever letting it slip through your fingers.

Now, our remaining survivors have their own experience with their life changing in a second. They experienced it all already, every passing minute becoming another personal record on how things change.

I know, I know. You wish to continue on the story; see the chaos that's about to take place with the approaching herd. However, the wait must lengthen for there are things I must address.

Stories of those who have taken the shadow amongst the main ones. Stick with me, please, and listen to their pleas before we continue on. I'm sure you can wait for a just a little longer.

You'll be at a loss if you don't hear their cries.

...

Let's embark on the story of the Prussian and Austrian.

At the start of it all, the two were in Rodriech's house along with Elizaveta. It was a normal day for them which didn't give off any alarm. The outbreak outside wasn't even known to them at the time.

"Will you be quiet? I am trying to appreciate the art of Mozart." Rodriech whined as his slender fingers danced along the piano keys before him. Gilbert, who was in the middle of a long and pointless story, gave a short, obnoxious laugh.

"Quiet? You can't quiet awesomeness like me!" He shouted with another booming laugh. "Why listen to that old coot when you can listen to me! I'm far cooler than a boring piano guy. At least I can-" Gilbert's words were cut short when a conductor stick smacked him on the forehead.

"You are nothing compared to Mozart. He was a genius and you are pathetic. The mere sentence is highly disrespectful and offensive. You wouldn't be able to match his exquisite intellect in music knowledge. I bet you can't even tell the difference between a sixteenth note and an eighth note."

The two got into one of their long arguments as they usually did with Gilbert being so egotistical and loud and Rodriech being snobbish about it all. These fights happened often but never thought about once they were  over. It happened and then it's done. That's it. It wasn't pondered upon again nor brought up.

"You two... Why do I always walk into this room to find you both arguing? I don't think I've ever come in here to where you two weren't arguing." Their words faltered as they turned to the doorway. Long brown hair draped down over broad shoulders. Gentle green eyes complimented pink lips that curved into a smile. Gilbert turned all his focus from Rodriech to the one who, he believed, deserved his attention most. Elizaveta leaned against the doorway with crossed arms as she stared at the two bickering men.

Rodriech scoffed, turning sharply away from the two to face his piano again. "That is impossible since this buffoon always visits." Even though he turned away, out of the corner of his eye he observed Gilbert.

Gilbert blinked before laughing once more, walking towards Elizaveta. "Well, since you've stayed with him, I haven't been able to argue with you anymore. So, I've moved onto this stuck up noble!" When he spoke with her, his tone was much different from the one with Rodriech. Playfulness and the faintest hint of friendliness layered his words. Only Rodriech seemed to catch this for Elizaveta furrowed her brows as a smirk played across her lips.