This is Where We Fall | pt.1

Over a hundred. Just a little bit over a hundred. They're all coming from a variety of different directions- mainly in the West. They aren't far away and can arrive at our doorstep in less than ten minutes. We have ten minutes to make it up to the meeting room. Ten minutes.

10:00

Ludwig raced down the corridors, knocking feverishly on each door.

"Everyone get out! Get up to the meeting room upstairs! Right now!" His voice was ordering yet desperate at the same time- two things that never crossed paths until now.

He couldn't remember who stayed in which room so he merely pounded on every door closed.

Ten minutes. Would that be enough time? Would that get everyone to safety? Whatever the answer may be it would have to work. That was the time that was given to them so that was the time they had.

The thundering footsteps of the dead gradually grew louder and louder as they came closer to the house.

How am I going to warn everyone? Running around and screaming isn't going to help at all. It'll only make it worse.

"Ludwig? What's going on?" As a miracle was sent down to him, Gilbert and Rodriech came sprinting up to him from down the hall. The blonde ran over to meet them, a plan coming to mind.

"Gilbert, Rodriech- I need you guys to wake everyone up. Don't interrupt me and don't ask any questions after this. Go wake everyone up and tell them to get up into the large meeting room upstairs. We have ten minutes. Now go! Hurry!"

Obeying to what was said, the albino and brunet nodded and dashed away to warn everyone.

That was good. They'll tell everyone faster than me. Three men are better than one. The meeting room is the safest place to go. Windows only on the top floor, one entrance to the hallways that can be barricaded, and one office only accessible in the meeting room. Everyone has to get there before the biters come barging in... Everyone-

Ludwig's thoughts ceased as a sudden alert went off in his mind.

I need to get Feliciano.

8:59

Mathias awoke with a start, looking around quickly to see what was going on. The faintest sound of a Prussian yelling 'Get to the meeting room! Now!' was what jolted him back to consciousness. Berwald was already up and ready, getting a pistol and knife in his hand.

"We have to go. Can you walk?" Berwald questioned bluntly, walking over to Mathias. The Dane swung his legs over the bedside and gingerly stood up. A small grunt escaped him as he swayed where he stood. After a moment of barely gaining balance, Mathias shook his head.

Quickly, the Swedish male went over to him and scooped Mathias off his feet. He cleared his throat awkwardly as Berwald carried him bridal style in his arms.

"Let's not speak of this once we get to the meeting room, yes?" Mathias said, looking up at the other. Berwald nodded.

"Let's go." With that, Berwald exited to room and walked briskly upstairs to the meeting room.

As they walked, Mathias glanced outside the windows that aligned the hallways. A mass of biters crept their way towards the building, just barely making it to the metal gate. There were tons of them- more than they had ever encountered before. It was bigger than the herd that stampeded Mathias when he was with Lukas...