"I Love You" -France & England-

It had been a day since the herd invaded their cabin. A day since Francis had been scratched.

He was surprised to see he hadn't died yet, considering that it was a pretty deep gash. Certainly a wound like that would get infected quicker than the average scratch. However, he did feel different. Very different.

"We should start heading out again." Arthur mumbled, peering out the window. It was morning, heading on to the second day after the biters. Francis was leaning against the door, trying to shake away the aching in his body. All his bones felt like they were being constantly jabbed at with needles. But, he did his best to keep this hidden from the Briton.

"Oui, we should.." Francis replied softly, pushing himself off the wall. When was he going to tell Arthur? Would it be when the man found him dead? Or maybe when he could no longer hold it up any longer? Francis didn't know... He wasn't sure how to break the news to the Englishman.

Arthur adjusted the backpack on his back and looked outside of the opened door. The sun was just peaking over the trees around, causing him to squint the more he looked. It was a pretty sight, he had to admit, but pretty wasn't something he had any will or energy to stop and admire. That didn't matter in his eyes anymore.

"I always wondered why trees were always green." Arthur muttered absentmindedly, staring at the leaves. "I know there must be some scientific reasoning behind it, probably connecting to the nutrients in the soil and oxygen and all that, but-"

"Ah, Arthur..." Francis sighed, walking up to him. He placed a slightly shaky hand on his shoulder as a chuckle escaped his lips. "You always do seem to let your mind wander. I've always found it adorable."

At that statement, the Briton felt his cheeks flush red. "I-I am in no way adorable! Mind you, if I am anything I am a sophisticated and charming gentleman!" Francis snickered.

"You are sophisticated, but I, on the other hand, have all the charm. Not you."

Arthur pursed his lips angrily and huffed. Even in the midst of danger they'd be bickering. Francis wondered if Arthur would miss that when he was gone...

"Come on." The Englishman said after a moment. "It's morning so we'll be able to cover some ground before night falls." With that, Arthur strolled out the door and began walking away from the little cabin they had hid out in.

Francis watched him, a sad smile tugging at his lips. Would this be the last time he had a morning conversation with the man? Maybe he should've cherished that little bickering scene longer... It might've been their last. The Frenchman winced as a shot of pain stabbed through him. Those shots of pain had been happening more frequent now. Was that a sign of death? Was death trying to signal to him 'you're next'?

"Hurry up, frog! We haven't got all day you know." Arthur's persistent voice broke through his thoughts. Francis blinked and looked over and saw Arthur frowning at him outside. How cute his frown was to him...

"Alright, I'm coming-" The Frenchman called back, but stopped. Did those words even make it out of his mouth, or did he just imagine himself saying them? Either way, that didn't matter. The next thing he knew, Francis found himself lying face down in between the entry way of the door and outside.

"Francis?!" Came a shout from a distance, a very far distance. Francis blinked as his vision swayed in and out of focus. He was on the ground, that was clear. Had he fallen? His mind was in too much of a daze to figure that out. Suddenly, he felt someone push him over and the sun instantly blinded him. It was Arthur.

"Francis! Are you okay?! What's wrong?!" The Briton's worried voice was crisp to his ears; the only thing that was audible. Francis blinked once more and found himself staring up at a wide eyed and pale faced Arthur.