one //

"Choi [m/n]! Thanks for your notes, I'll return your book in class!"

[m/n] waved his hand and nodded. "No problem, Woobin-ah — I hope you do better in today's math test." He continued walking along to the student council room, waving at and greeting various students as he made his way. He had quite a good relationship with the students, he'd like to think. He had the rest of the main council to help him, and he wouldn't be as friendly as he was without them.

He arrived at the council room, his mood quite high, but his smile fell when he saw someone all too familiar beside Heeseung and Yedam. His expression fell flat as he closed the door. "Morning, guys. Mr Kang will be here soon, so we should tidy up a bit."

"Morning, hyung," Yedam greeted quickly, as he was the youngest in the room. "Sunwoo hyung is joining us today, since he helped yesterday."

[m/n] was silent for a moment as he put his bag down. "Why are you even here, Kim Sunwoo? You're not even a member of the student council."

"I might as well be, seeing as I'm such a helpful guy," the other guy, known as Kim Sunwoo, said with his signature grin. "Besides, I want to be with my cute dongsaengs! They like me more than you like me."

"Well, someone has to tolerate you," [m/n] sighed. "Come on, guys. We left early yesterday, so no one tidied up."

Heeseung and Yedam scrambled to start tidying, since the council's teacher in charge would be arriving soon. Sunwoo helped as well, even if [m/n] sent glared every few seconds to show his distaste for Sunwoo's presence.

[m/n] wasn't too fond of the boy that somehow seemed to always find a spot in his life, no matter how much he tried to avoid Kim Sunwoo. He was friendly, outgoing, a real prankster and loud when given the opportunity — unlike [m/n]'s reserved, sweet and quiet self.

[m/n] had landed the position as the senior's student council president, while Yedam for the freshmen and Heeseung for the sophomores. Of course, [m/n] was still below the senior Hwang Hyunjin. Apparently, Sunwoo lost the position to [m/n] because of his rather negatively sloping grades. However, he still desired to help the students and had popped in every so often to be some sort of errand boy for the council.

[m/n] simply found his presence annoying and quite a bother, but he couldn't say that out loud.

"Ah — it's Mr. Kang!"

It was five minutes before classes started, and [m/n] decided to make a stop by his locker for a textbook. He quickly wanted to escape Sunwoo's rather annoying presence, but was met with a pleasent surprise. "H-Hyunjin-ah."

"[m/n], I was looking for you," the blonde boy said, waving his hand at [m/n] as he approached him with a smile. "Ah, you did your hair today — it looks pretty."

"Ah, you think so?" [m/n] asked, fiddling with his brown hair nervously. "Thank you. Uhm, what do you need? How was the meeting with the teachers?"

"Oh, we just spoke about upcoming exams and the possibility of a new study method with kids that aren't doing as great as the others," Hyunjin responded. "I'll discuss it in detail during lunch, but basically there might be a pairing system. Hopefully, I get to tutor Sunwoo — he's a great guy to be around."

[m/n] sighed, rolling his eyes slightly. "Maybe I'm the only one that sees how annoying he is."

"Sunwoo really enjoys being with you, though," Hyunjin said as they began walking towards [m/n]'s locker. [m/n] thought it was obvious that he was heading somewhere and that classes would start soon. "He's a good guy, how can you not like him?"

"I don't know, I guess I'm not fond of him," [m/n] muttered, looking down at the ground. "Whatever. He's not important."

"Well, maybe try to get along with him — maybe you'll start liking him," Hyunjin smiled, gently ruffling [m/n]'s hair. "I'll see you guys during lunch. I might be a bit busy, since I have to distribute the assignments for the grades, but I'm sure I'll get Sunwoo's help."

"Ah, I have PE after lunch," [m/n] groaned as they finally reached his locker. "I'll see you later, then." Hyunjin nodded and walked off, waving his hand once more. Unlike Sunwoo, Hyunjin was an absolute sweetheart. He was popular and everyone liked him, and he was diligent and driven. He was always ready to help the students, even if a task was really small.

[m/n] admired him.

He managed to get his textbooks, only to realise that he had forgotten his backpack and his hands were packed with textbooks as he closed his locker. [m/n] struggled to carry the thick books, but frowned when a few books were removed from their balance on his arms.

"Here, let me help." [m/n] was standing beside Sunwoo, but had fell silent completely. [m/n] looked at Sunwoo, and [m/n] stared at him with widened eyes of shock. "They looked pretty heavy, so…"

"It was, but I'm strong," [m/n] said quickly with a playful scoff as they began walking to class. [m/n] fell silent, not really wanting to talk to Sunwoo, but somehow, the eloquent boy found something to be talkative about.

"So… you and Hyunjin-ah," Sunwoo began, earning a glare from [m/n]. "Relax, it's not like you made it obvious or anything."

"That just means I made it obvious!" [m/n] exclaimed, hitting Sunwoo's arm with his fist. The brunette boy laughed and [m/n] sighed,his cheeks burning. "I just really admire him, okay?"

"Dang — would you have admired me if I was the student council president?"

[m/n] rolled his eyes. "You wish. You're just annoying." They arrived at class and Sunwoo put his textbooks down, a smile on his lips. "What? What do you want?"

"I don't know, a 'thank you'?"

"Fine, whatever. Congrats, you carried my books without me asking you to, now go away — class is starting."

As the teacher arrived, Sunwoo simply made his way to his desk without further thought.