twenty two //

"Wow, you're just a loser with a boyfriend now, no big deal."

"Yah, Choi Beomgyu!"

[m/n]'s younger brother laughed as he escaped [m/n]'s grip, running off by a few meters. The older was too lazy to chase after Beomgyu and simply stood by Sunwoo's side, holding his hand again. "Whatever. Let's go inside, I'm sure my mom is dying to meet you."

"I'm nervous," Sunwoo sighed, shaking his hands nervously. "What if she doesn't like me? Is this okay?"

"Yes, silly — she's even met Taehyun before so it's no big deal," [m/n] replied, tugging his hand forward so that they could get into the elevator that Beomgyu kept open for them. "She'll like you, I swear. Better than the other guy, at least."

"Does she know we're dating?"

"Of course, our mother knows everything about us," Beomgyu answered in place of [m/n]. "I told her I was dating Taehyun almost immediately. A year later and she still absolutely adores him. The same will happen with you."

"We've only been dating for a couple weeks, though," Sunwoo muttered, looking at the ground.

[m/n] put a hand to his cheek, gently rubbing with his thumb. "Relax, she's going to love you. My dad doesn't come home until dinner time, so she can mentally prepare you for that. My dad's a playful guy and if you go along with what he says, I'm sure he'll take a liking to you. I used to hate you and now we're dating — somehow, everyone likes you."

Sunwoo smiled, gently kissing [m/n]'s forehead. "I'm still gonna be nervous, though."

"You'll do great, I swear," [m/n] smiled, grsbbing both of Sunwoo's cheeks with his hands. "Ah, what a cutie! How did I get to date such an absolutely adorable boy?"

"Ah, stop it!" Sunwoo exclaimed with a laugh. The elevator doors opened and Beomgyu stepped out first, his eyes still on his phone. They lived on the thirteenth floor of the apartment complex, in one of the few two-storey apartments. The elevator stopped just in front of the door.

"Just relax," [m/n] smiled, holding Sunwoo's hand again as he guided him through the door Beomgyu had left open. Sunwoo seemed to tense up as [m/n] close the door behind them. "Mom! We're home!"

"Ooh, let me see, let me see!"

[m/n] giggled as he held Sunwoo's arm tightly. Mrs Choi stepped out the kitchen, walking to the front to greet the guest. Sunwoo was standing firmly beside [m/n], his heart hammering in his chest. "H-hello, Eommeo-nim. I-I'm Kim Sunwoo."

"Mom, this is Sunwoo — my boyfriend," [m/n] smiled, putting his head onto Sunwoo's shoulder. The taller bowed down quickly, almost into a full ninety degrees and [m/n] laughed, holding his arm. "Baby, that's okay, don't do that."

"I b-bought you a gift," Sunwoo stuttered, holding the white bag in his hand forward. "I hope you accept this gift for allowing me with your son into your home."

"If Taehyun was this nice, Dad would actually let me marry him," Beomgyu muttered on the side.

Mrs Choi took the bag, a wide smile on her lips. "Oh, thank you very much, Sunwoo-ssi. Come inside, I've prepared lunch for us all. I anticipated meeting you, you're so polite!"

"He's just scared," [m/n] teased with a giggle. They took off their shoes and put on the slippers, walking into the house to the kitchen. "You're doing well, it's okay. You can relax now, because she likes you already."

"Will she like the gift? What if it just makes her feel old?" Sunwoo sighed, sitting on the ground with a deflated body. "God, I'm going to mess this up. Korean mothers have no mercy if they don't like the boys."

"Sunwoo, my parents already have a grandchild from our oldest brother, they have no expectations from me regarding relationships. If you make me happy, they'll gladly accept you — and you definitely make me happy, Sunwoo-ya," [m/n] smiled, kneeling in front of him and kissing him gently. "Ah, you look so pretty today. What am I going to do with such an expression looking at me all the time?"

"You're one to say, your face is making me more nervous than what your mother is," Sunwoo scoffed, earning a laugh from the other. "Okay, I'm ready. Let's go."

[m/n] held his hand again as he guided him to the kitchen, since they'd probably have to help prepare lunch. Mrs Choi closed the fridge and smiled at Sunwoo. "Oh, thank you so much for the red ginseng! I'm sure my husband would love it. Come, come, let's set the table for lunch. Yah, Choi Beomgyu! Don't let me tell your father that you disrespect your mother! Where are you?!"

"I'm not disrespecting you, I'm using the bathroom!"

"Wash your hands!"

[m/n] and Sunwoo laughed at her. Sunwoo stepped forward suddenly, holding his hand out in front of him politely. "It's okay, I'll help."

"Oh, what a nice boy! [m/n], you should be like him instead of shouting at your brother all the time."

"Ah, Mom!"

"Just get the side dishes over there and I'll get the kalguksu with Sunwoo," Mrs Choi said, heading into the kitchen. [m/n] gave Sunwoo a thumbs-up before he walked out to the table in the living room with the side dishes. "Sunwoo, my boy… is he smiling like this all the time?"

Sunwoo nodded, a smile decorating his expression. "I like seeing [m/n] happy, and I'm glad to have achieved that. He's really sweet, and it feels wrong to ever mistreat him."

"I'm glad," Mrs Choi smiled, "because my boy deserves all the love in the world. He's sweet, and I love that about him."

Sunwoo nodded, carrying the big bowl into the living room, meeting Beomgyu and [m/n] there. "I promise to look after him."

"Hurry up," Beomgyu suddenly exclaimed, "I'm hungry!"

"Don't be annoying, Beomgyu!"

"You're annoying!"